JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

An elderly lady friend has a GOODMAN TV which is no longer

An elderly lady friend has a GOODMAN TV which is no longer working. She has been advised the Bush Digital Scart Adaptor is the problem. Is that likely or is the Tv old and more likely needing to be repaired?What would it cost to have an engineer look at on the Melbourne estate in Colchester.What are the chances of a purchasing a second hand TV be a better prospect?Bernard Ford 01206 545791

Hi Bernard,

​My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Could you let me know the model number of the tv? I suspect that a second hand tv would be a more viable option than a repair, but if you could let me know the model number of the tv and digital scart adapter I will be able to suggest the best solution.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Carl The Lady lives some way from me so I would need to visit her. I cannot help you with the Model Number of the Goodman TV, possibly about 24 inch screen and at least 10-15 years old . She gave me a leaflet "The Bush Digital Scart Adaptor" no T632DM From memory the adaptor is approx. 100mm x 75mm x 30mm . Your comment about finding a second hand TV is my thought - where do you suggest I try to find one please?. Thank you for your comments Bernardbernard

Hi Bernard,

I see you requested additional assistance with your TV query.

Do you know what the lady uses the scart connection for is it to connect to a freeview box?

I ask since a replacement TV could potentially do away with the freeview box as modern TV's have that integrated, however if using it for viewing DVD's or VHS tapes you may be limited as to what replacement second hand TV can provide a scart input.

Locally the best places to source second hand TV's would be Cash Converters, it used to be by the old Cinema but I believe its now along the Colchester high street, the average price for a second hand 24" TV is about £60, or failing that local charity shops (British heart foundation etc, if you call them first they will tell you what they have, and at what cost)

If looking online you may get a better price using eBay, as many list items for sale which require local (within 10 mile) pick up to save on postage costs.

Do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

James

JamesI, Technician
Experience: I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.