carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I have a Panasonic TXL37E3B approx. 5 years old. TV will not

i have a Panasonic TXL37E3B approx. 5 years old. TV will not switch on - red light flashes when using remote
Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: approx. 5 years
Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only yesterday problem. DVD player also Panasonic working and recording. Have removed plug and changed fuse
Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

HI,

​My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Does The standby LED just flash when you try and turn the tv on? I am sorry but it sounds like either the power supply inside the tv or the main board inside the tv has failed and would need replacing/repairing. Would you be looking to repair the tv yourself?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
LED does flash. I could not repair it myself
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have already paid £20 don't see the point in another £15 to be told the same I am not satisfied and would like a refund

I am sorry to say but the tv will need a repair. Would you like me to suggest a local tv engineer who you could contact and see if they could repair the tv? The cost of repair I would estimate to be between £80 and £130, it may be worth considering a new tv.

Replacement tv range from around £200 upwards.

​Here is a link to a JVC tv which is slightly bigger than the tv you have.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/jvc-lt-39c460-39-led-tv-10147526-pdt.html?store=2287&cmpid=ppc~gg~(PLA)-LOCAL~~Exact&istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istItemId=xwwwpiwxqp&istBid=t&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~0045%20(PLA)%20TELEVISIONS~All%20TVs~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&kwid=GOOGLE&device=c&ds_kids=92700029119266938&PLA=1&tgtid=0045%20(PLA)%20TELEVISIONS&gclid=CjwKCAiAqIHTBRAVEiwA6TgJw9beVfqr3g8jBzKgaeYCyxM8lFeiOSOKsReK6BJOzsE07X8F-m3wvxoC2tEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you I would like to contact someone direct and may consider to buy another instead You have been helpful

W​ould you like me to suggest a local engineer? If you do please could you send me your postcode.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please OL10 2PY

The closest engineer I can find is http://www.lcdtvrepairsrochdale.co.uk/contact.php

I would give them a call and have a chat it may be they are able to repair the TV boards to component level and the repair may be less than I estimated. If they could give you an idea of price it would help you decide between a new tv or repairing the old one.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you I will do that