Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic camcorder NV-GS75 which I have not used

I have a Panasonic camcorder NV-GS75 which I have not used for some 4 years, I have charged the batteries and opened it and it will not open correctly or close. A message of "push the reset button" appears. pressing the reset button has no effect. Is this repairable?

Hi there John and welcome

How long did you initially charge the batteries for?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
3 Hours approx.

Is there currently a tape in the unit?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2 separate batteris. Yes there is a tape in the unit

Are you able to get it to open in order to be able to take the tape out?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. The tape is visible, but has not 'tilted' to be removed

It is the drive motor that has faulted, A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reset it and as you mentioned, that has no impact.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.