carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I have a Pioneer PDP 435PE and have failed to connect the

Customer Question

Hi there I have a Pioneer PDP 435PE and have failed to connect the replacement remote
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: probably 10-12 years old
Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the old remote died because of leaked batteries I have just bought some replacement ones
Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, that should be it - many tahnks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 month ago.

HI,

​My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Did you purchase a genuine replacement remote control or have you purchased a compatible remote control?

If you are able to send me any model number that are on the remote control you purchased that would be a great help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Carl, the situation changed slightly since yesterday. I was able to connect the newly acquired remote (RRS41) to the TV (Pioneer PDP-435PE) via the Media Receiver (PDP-RO5XE).
But I have difficulties linking up any modern equipment (Amazon Fire stick, Virgin HDMI TV cable, etc...) without HDMI input in the Media Receiver (or the TV). I guess I will need converters/adaptors?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 month ago.

Does the tv or media receiver not have any HDMI inputs? Could you let me know what inputs it does have?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, it's too old. The TV just has The White and Black cable inputs. The Media Receiver also has Scart inputs, but no HDMI.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 month ago.

Y​ou can get adapters that convert HDMI to scart.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1080P-HDMI-To-SCART-Composite-Video-Stereo-Audio-Converter-Adapter-For-TV-DVD-/182628653631?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

​You can also get adapters that convert HDMI into an analogue RF signal but these are more expensive.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, I have ordered the adaptor. Will let you know tomorrow if it works. Many thanks
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 month ago.

Y​our welcome. If you have trouble setting it up let me know and I will help.

Please could you rate me using the stars on this page.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 month ago.

HI,

​How did you get on with adapter?