Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I am trying to get rid of voice over on my Panasonic TV.

I am trying to get rid of voice over on my Panasonic TV. Have got through to 'Sound' but then get options -
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Model no. TX-L32E3B
Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 3 to 4 days. Got through to sound but then got variety of options I couldn't understand. Set is very approx 7 - 8 years old.
Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi there and welcome

Do you mean it is giving out commentary when you are watching tv programs?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Saying things like 'Vera walks down thestreet'

Is the signal coming from cable TV? DVD's? When you get the voice over?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Live TV . signal from satellite on side of house

Press the menu on your remote. Check Menu/Settings/Language/Audio Description and set to disable.

It is on the second page there

Let me know how you go

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
From Function Menu I got to Sound. That shows links to- Audio Description, Dynamic Range Compression, Downmix Stereo, Billingual Audio Settings, Audio Delay, Audio Type for XP Recording, Audio Type for DV input and Audio for HG/HX/HE/HM recording. None of which mean a thing to me!

Check please on the second page of the options there, it will be there.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Sorry for delay but have to keep going up and downstairs!
I assume Function Menu is what you are calling Menu. From there I am not getting Settings but Set Up which again I assume is the one. Set uo then shows Timing, HDD/Disc, Picture, Sound, Display, Connection, Network, Others. Others shows Standby settings, Remote Control, Clock, Owner ID, Pin Entry, System update, System information, DiscX registration and Initialize. I have been assuming that out of those 'Sound' would be the correct one and that shows the links I set out on my last answer. There is no second page. Shall I cry now???

Ok, we will reset the TV, go to the menu, locate others or system then choose reset or return to shipping conditions please

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
My remote does not show Menu, only Functions Menu which I assume is the one. Functions menu shows playback contents, TV guide, Copy, Network, and Others. Others shows Ext Link standby, Flexible recording via AV input, DV Automatic Recording and Set Up. From Set up we go to the ones I referred to earlier!

Are you using the remote to the TV? Not the satelite box

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Every time I press the remote the light on the Satellite Box flashes so I assume it is going through the sat box.

Yes, so you are using the wrong remote, you need to use the TV remote

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Forgotten there was another remote!!! Never use it.
I've gone through Menu, Sound and found Audio description. When I press Access it shows 'Off"

ok, now it is set to off, tell me if you still have the problem

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I've just played a recording from last night and the voice is still on. Does it have to be a live programme?
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Just tried it on a live programme and it's still on!!

ok, now with TV remote go to the menu, locate others or system then choose reset or return to shipping conditions please

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
OK I've got to Shipping Conditions and pressed access and it says 'all tuning data will be erased. Asks me if that is OK. Is that OK?

yes

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Now says 'Reset to Factory Shipping Condition. Please switch off TV'Next steps please.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Sorry. It said reset completed.switch off TV.

yes do this then on again and complete the setup

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
DVB and Analogue scans taking place will take about 6 mins.

thanks

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Now saying 'No station found. Please reinsert the aerial, press OK and start Auto setup. I've removed aerial lead and reinserted. Did another scan and still says no station can be found.

You have satellite, so you just switch to the satellite input, use the input / source button on the remote of the TV to do this please

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
As far as I can tell it is OK now. Thank you.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.