JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has experience in a wide range of e-mails clients from Outlook to Lotus Notes and Webmail.
75967336

My Sprint phone was stolen today. I have had the phone turned

Customer Question

My Sprint phone was stolen today. I have had the phone turned off and have transferred my phone number to a different carrier. I am having trouble accessing my g-mail account which I need to retrieve my contacts from the old Sprint account. I do not know the password XXXXX the g-mail account because I never actually used it as an e-mail account. I have the user name, but not the password. When I try to answer the questions to get the password XXXXX they are asking for specific dates of when I used the account and dates I used specific features, etc. and products that I used --I have no way of knowing these dates. It just keeps telling me my answers do not match their records. Is there any other way to get the password XXXXX or any way to speak with an actual person who might be able to help me?
Category: Email
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.

Hi, The Google help page here states "The questions we ask to verify your identity are intentionally difficult. If you’re unsure about an answer, provide your best guess. It also helps to submit your answers from a computer you've used in the past"

Based on what you have said this doesnt work, so you need a Plan B.

Unfortunatly Google are clear that they do not deal with ad hoc requests, and e-mailing them or calling them wont help. They beleive the password XXXXX form to be the only way in getting back into your account, and state each time you fill in the form it is treated independantly, so I can only suggest from a device you have already used previously (if you have used another mobile or computer) try and re-try completing the recovery form, providing as much info as possible each time.

They go on to state if you cant recover your account password XXXXX only other option is to setup a new account using a different username, sorry this wasnt the answer you wanted to here, but unlike Hotmail, Google do not have a option for human intervention.

James