Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I had a bt yahoo personalized from page with news, stock portfolio,

Customer Question

I had a bt yahoo personalized from page with news, stock portfolio, bookmarks, etc. Where can I retrieve it?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

You can find it by following the instructions on the link below

Click Me To View

It is likely you accidentially signed out, which is why it is missing.

The instructions on the link I gave, should get it back for you.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, but this is wrong. This is what used to happen until the last couple of days. Now you new page "the way to log in to bt yahoo has changed" then you can only log in to email at bt.com. I do not want that I want my personalised page back.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Ok, then you are referring to the Portal Roger.

They just closed this sorry, which is why you stopped seeing it.

This is their official statement

"What about the Yahoo! portal services I use, such as Finance, Answers or Games?

We've now closed the BT Yahoo! portal homepage that you previously used. This means any customisations you set up on this page won't be available anymore. The BT Yahoo! portal links are being redirected to BT.com.

Yahoo! is creating a way for you to create a new Yahoo! ID that will enable you to keep your existing Flickr account (including using your existing Flickr name), even after your email has moved to BT Mail later this year.

For a while, you'll be able to use a number of Yahoo! personalised services accessed through your BT Yahoo! email address and password XXXXX your BT Yahoo! Mail service is closed and moved to BT Mail. Instead of accessing these services through just go to www.yahoo.co.uk."

They are currently working on remaking all this as you can see, but until then, the portal as you know it, will not be available sorry.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No way around it? Wise convert.com and install.com seem to be offering that. Are they scams?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

No, these are both Malware infections Roger.

There is no way around it.

The reason is this is not a program, it is a web service, which BT / Yahoo have currently stopped. You cannot make it run yourself.

It is like fixing a tab when the water department has cut off water at the source. No matter what you do to the Tap, no water will come out.

The same scenario applies here. It is BT / Yahoos website, they have stopped the service, as you saw in the statement, and there is nothing you can do to your computer to get it running.

Feel free to ask if you would like more information please.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.