John T. F.
John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  Setting up and servicing Email accounts since 1994!
60674955

my Hotmail account is being hacked. Others are sending emails

Customer Question

my Hotmail account is being hacked. Others are sending emails using my account. Please help
Category: Email
Expert:  John T. F. replied 4 years ago.
Hello! My name is John, I will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Are you still able to sign in to your Hotmail account and, if so, does your Sent messages folder have messages in it that you didn’t send?

Thanks,
John
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi John

Did you receive my note.

Alkesh

Hi Alkesh, no this is the first reply I've seen from you.

Thanks,
John
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I cannot access my Hotmail account and cannot see my sent items

Okay,

the first thing you'll need to do is use Account Password Recovery:
https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

To reset your password, enter your Microsoft account and the characters in the picture on that page, it will then lead you through the process.

You should take the following steps to check certain options once you regain access to verify no hacker information remains:

Reset sending/receiving mail, forwarding, and auto replies
Click the Options icon, and then click More mail settings. Under Managing your account, click the following to reset your options:

Sending/receiving mail from other accounts

Email forwarding

Sending automated vacation replies

Reset linked IDs
Click the Options icon, and then click More mail settings.

Under Managing your account, click Account details (password, addresses, time zone). You might be asked for your password.

Click Linked IDs, and then click Add linked ID.

Reset reply-to addresses
Click the Options icon Options icon, and then click More mail settings.

Under Writing email, click Reply-to address.

---

If some or all of your contacts have been deleted, you might be able to restore them:
See this page for more info:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/people/restore-deleted-contacts

Additionally, if you used the same password on other sites that you originally used with Hotmail then you will want to change the passwords on those sites ASAP.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,
John
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Help, I also cannot access my gmail account now

Sure.

Were you able to regain access to Hotmail?

Howdy!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this issue, please let me know. If you are satisfied but have not yet rated, please do so. Positive ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Also, feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question.

I can be reached directly via the following page:
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/

Thanks,
John