Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

My email was hacked...

Customer Question

My email was hacked last friday and emails sent to all my contact list. I changed password XXXXX was then able to access emails until yesterday pm. Then my ID and new password XXXXX not recognised. Now I cannot access email nor change ID or passowrd. Help
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello David! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.? Can you please click on the website below, and allow the ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=ce12cccc-c451-4fd1-9244-861fcc91e0fa

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the connect doesnot seem to be working

Sorry. Can you please go to that website in Internet Explorer (the big 'e' program icon), not Firefox or Chrome, etc.?

Or go to the shorter website below in Internet Explorer:

http://tinyurl.com/kmqonuj

Put the above website in the address bar on the top in Internet Explorer, then press the Enter key:

graphic
, and allow the ScreenConnect program to download / open / run, and try any other option it gives you as needed. Thank you
I'm sorry; it looks like your computer cannot connect with me; I'll help you another way. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?
(For privacy purpose, please do not provide your full email address; please provide only the part after the character @, such as @hotmail.com, @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, etc.)

What happens when you reset your email password? Is there any error or message?

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

By some mystery I have now managed to change password XXXXX all seems OK

So I presume I will not be charged £28

Great. Thank you for replying back.I'm glad you got it working. We're canceling/refunding this. if you need anything else, please let us know any time. Thank you.