John
John, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT industry for the past 10 years.
50152684

A window open every time I switch on my laptop saying "Preparing

Customer Question

A window open every time I switch on my laptop saying "Preparing to start PlayMemoriesHome" with the green bar running. How can I stop it from running?
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

John :

Hello my name is John I will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your PC. I will try my best to help you.

John :

Sir/Ma’am please provide the following details so that I can help you

1. Operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7,windows 8 or any other
2. Do you get any error message when you try to uninstall Play Memories Home ?

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

Operating system installed is widows 7.

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

I do not get error

John :

Thank you for the details.
When did this problem started showing?

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

8.20 Yesterday morning.

John :

Can i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing. It’s secured and integrated with our site also you can see what all i am doing in your PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

YES

John :

Before i do that i need to know the web browser you are using to chat with me because the screen share tool works better on Internet explorer. Which one is it Internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome or any other?

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

Google

John :

Please click on this link http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=06ad66bb-022e-4ca9-9ee0-37ceaee3c442 then you get an application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your pc and check the problem. If you have any difficulty in connecting disable antivirus/firewall and try again also try the method it shows on screen connect window. Let me know once it’s connected. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know.

Note:-Please bookmark/add to favourites this page, use that bookmark or favourites in case you accidentally close this page during this conversation. You can also get back to this page using the email send by just answer to your email address regarding this question. There is view answer button in the email click on that and you can open this page

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

OK

John :

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

Have you sent me an email

John :

justanswer had send you a email and you do not need to open that now i mentioned it incase you accidentally get disconnected from this chat ,click on the link i gave above and follow the instructions to do the remote access.

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

There is no email from you in my in box.

John :

OK then click on the link i gave above to do the remote session

John :

Do you want me to sent the remote access link and instructions again ?

John :

I haven't got the access to your PC yet,Is there any problem connecting?

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

What name does your download come under, I get the message download in progress, that can take ages.

John :

its called screenconnect

John :

its a small file too so it wont take much time

John :

If you have difficulty in finding that i can give you another to do remote access.let me know

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

There is no Screen connect in my downloads.

John :

i will give you another tool to do the remote access.one moment please

John :

Here is the tool to do remote access it’s called join me to download that click on this link https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?installer=win&webdownload=true

Then download and install it once it’s installed open it and now in the join me tool click on the share button which is a play button in orange color that will generate a key. Let me know that 9 digit key

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

installing in progress, it says it could take several minutes is that ok

John :

It wont take much time usually,are you sure its installing join me

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

Yes it it did say "Installing Join Me"

John :

did it finished installing ?

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

No not yet

John :

That is strange usually it takes only couple of seconds.can you see the installation progress bar?

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

I have just got a number on your page 2wxcBrkw is that what you want

John :

no that is not, did the installation finish ?

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

I don't know, your page seems to be covering it, how can I check if it is finished?

John :

minimize this page and check join me installation

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

Correction, The number is 2wxc8rkw But that's only 8 didgets.

John :

That is not the one we need.it is a 9 digit number and it shows only if you open join me and click on share

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

I'll try again

John :

First check whether join me has been finished installing

John :

Then click on start then all programs and on the list you can see join me if its installed.please open it

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

I assume it is the Join Me in downloads, I click onto that with the right mouse and get the options stall or uninstall..

John :

click on start then all programs and on the list you can see join me if its installed

John :

check it and let me know

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

Join Me is there

John :

click on it please and open it

John :

let me know once its opened

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

I opened it and got two options Join or Enter Code

John :

click on the share on top it and let me know the 9 digit code it shows on the top

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

The options have gone now I tried to get the options again but got the message They were still running.

John :

That is because the join me is still open behind the Google minimize all other opened windows and you can see the join me

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

How do I get to it, without closing your window?

John :

press and hold alt key then press the tab key until it shows join me

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

I held the alt key but there is no tab key on my laptop.

John :

every keyboard have a tab key.please try to minimize the opened windows using the minimize button like this

Full Size Image
then you can see the join me then click on share in it and it will generate a 9 digit key on the top.please let me know

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

I clicked onto full size image and the the window opened and I clicked on that where the arrow is pointing but nothing happened.

John :

sir i gave you a image of where you need to click on your opened windows to minimize not on the image i gave.

John :

did you manage to minimize and see the join me application

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

I may sound stupid. What window am I suppose to click onto. I can't open join me because it is still running so what window.

John :

Minimize this window then you can see the join me

John :

To maximize this windows just click on the google chrome in the taskbar and it will open back

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

i'm getting bored with this. You say maximize This window, what window. Looks like it might take all day to sort this out.

John :

I am trying all the possible way to start the remote session and check the issue and fix it for you but we couldn't get connected so i will give you a tool called revo-uninstaller
Using that tool you can try to remove PlayMemoriesHome,if that doesn't work then i will open this question to other experts so that they can try help you.

John :

Please click on this link www.revouninstaller.com/download-professional-version.php download and install revo-uninstaller then open it and you can see the list of programs installed in your PC from that select Play Memories Home and uninstall it.

John :

did you manage to remove it using the revo uninstaller tool i gave above?

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

Same problem, I downloaded revo-uninstaller but same as before can't uninstall because PlayMemoriesHome is still running.

John :

press ctrl+alt+del key then select start task manger that will open task manager click on process tab and then look for PlayMemoriesHome process or PMH if you find it right click on it and click on end process tree.then try to uninstall

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

PlayMemeriesHome or PMH are not on the liust, the nearest one is PMB Device for provider exe *32

John :

ok right click on PMB and click on End process tree,after that try to uninstall PlayMemeriesHome

John :

let me know

JACUSTOMER-2wxc8rkw- :

Still can't uninstall because it is still running, it says, as before, quit programme and try again

John :

Then you need to do a clean boot up and try to uninstall i will give you the instructions one moment please

John :

1.Click on Start then type msconfig in the Search box, and then press ENTER that will open system configuration utility
2.Now in the system configuration utility click Selective Startup in the General tab
3.Click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
4.Now click the Services tab
5.Click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box
6.Click Disable All, and then click OK
7.Now it will ask to restart the PC.please do so and after the restart try to uninstall the Play Memories Home
Let me know the status

John :

After that if you were able to uninstall then restart again and open system configuration utility again then click on services tab and enable all services back then click on apply and ok it will ask to restart please do so and let me know the status.

John :

Sir i have to leave now for 1hr so please post the status in this page and i will get back to you once i am back online.

John :

Sir checking whether you were able remove Play Memories Home by doing the above instruction (clean boot)let me know the status please