Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I have been locked out of my email account [email protected]

Customer Question

I have been locked out of my email account [email protected]' I have tried to satisfy the questions in an attempt to get a code sent to me but cannot get past questions that don't apply to me - it asks a security question 'grandfather's occupation' which is something I have never used, and I am also asked for 'Billing info' and asked to put card details in - I have never used any services that require credit card details.

PLEASE HELP!!! I have been locked out now for over a week and desparately need to access my account.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is Jess and I am glad to assist you today.

Is your problem email address ending with @hotmail.com? @hotmail.co.uk? or others? Please post only the part with the @ sign since full email addresses are shown as [email protected] for policy reasons.

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did you receive the answer - my account is @live.co.uk

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Steve,

Thank you for writing back with that information. So you are using a live.co.uk email account.

I believe that your email account was hacked or compromised and the hacker changed your account information like your security question and answer.

So based on your question description, it appears that you have already tried the password reset option but failed because you were not able to answer the security question. Is this correct?

Also, did you submit the recovery form already? You mentioned about billing information and other data that are asked in the recovery form. If you submitted it already, did you receive any reply and feedback from Microsoft?

Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jess,

My page here is still showing the status 'We're waiting for you.' I have replied, did you receive it?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Steve,

I have already received your reply and I already replied pack. Please reload or refresh your page. Or you might need to scroll up to see my previous reply.

Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jess,

you received my reply saying that I could not submit recovery form and had tried changing password, but still could not access account. What was your reply? I can't find one.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Steve,

Here is my previous reply:
======
So you are using a live.co.uk email account.

=======

Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jess,

I have replied twice to this question.

I could not submit the recovery form because I could not give the info they asked for. Yes, I did go to another Hotmail page and change my password, but that did not get me into my account

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Steve,

I am sorry about all this trouble. But you cannot change your password unless you are still able to access your account. Changing passwords requires entering the "current" password.

Also, if you have accessed the Recovery Form, you can enter the required information there. And for the "billing" information, you can simply leave them blank IF you are not a paying Microsoft user. Those are only intended for people with payment information with Microsoft.

Ignore those information and then submit the form. Make sure that you provide a valid and working email address where Hotmail/Live people can contact you with the results of the recovery.

Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Steve,

I am sorry but we cannot share email addresses here. It is against site policy. Please bookmark this page or add to your favorites so that you can get back to me in this page any time....

Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Steve,

How is it going? Were you able to submit the form? Please let me know your results so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jess,

No, I could not submit the form as I was unable to complete all of it and it would not go incomplete. I have given up and changed email accounts.

Thanks anyway.

S

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Steve for letting me know. If you need assistance in the future, please let me know, I will be here to help.

Jess