Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

can i connect my ipad to my computer to send an email i have

Customer Question

can i connect my ipad to my computer to send an email i have typed on my ipad, but dont have wifi access at home?
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Hi! My name is Josh and I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unfortunately, you cannot connect the iPad to the computer and send an email that way. The email will be stored in the Outbox waiting for a connection to a wireless network. I would recommend renting a wireless router from your Internet Service Provider. It will cost around $5 a month or you can purchase a new one for around $60-$70.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you cant honestly expect me to pay £35 for you to just say no i cant do that

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Kathy,

You asked a question and I gave you the accurate answer. I cannot adjust the answer because of the fee for expert help. If I gave you any other answer than 'it can't be done', I would be wasting your time.

I understand being for something that does not resolve the issue but I am here if you have questions about what type of router you should purchase or setting up the router, etc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

at present i do not have wifi, but am using a dsl-2640R router

i have a Netgear N150 Wireless ADSL2+ modem router, will this do the trick, if so how do i connect it up?.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Yes, it will work perfectly.

What you will need to do first since it is a modem/router, is contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and activate the box on your account. Once that is complete, I can help you with setting up the router or you can use the Smart Installation CD that comes with it.