Cory
Cory, Support Technician
Experience:  5+ years of email experience
8685120

Hi I can not log in to my hotmail account. I keep getting a

Hi I can not log in to my hotmail account. I keep getting a message informing me that someone else may be using my account. I am then asked to verify an email address that I cancelled over 6 years ago as I stopped using it.
I have then filled out a form 7 times to recover my account however it keeps saying I have not supplied enough information.

Is there anything else that I can do to recover my account?
Category: Email
Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, I am Cory. I will be assisting you today.

I am sorry you are having trouble accessing your email.

Have you ever paid for Hotmail Plus on this account?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, it's a standard hotmail account
Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.
Martin,

If you keep completing the form and it keeps getting denied, your account can be blocked and you will not be able to access it.

You did do the right thing by coming here and asking for expert assistance.

When completing the recovery form does not work, there is one more way you can contact MSN/Hotmail. This is by contacting a Hotmail moderator.

This a good method for you.

Because you can not remember everything, which is very understandable, contacting a Hotmail Moderator will allow them to look into your account manually and assist you.

Contacting a Hotmail Moderator:

You will need to create another email address with Hotmail, because you need to be logged into Hotmail to contact a moderator.
Sign up here - https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx

Once you have created the email address with Hotmail, please follow the directions below:

Please click http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/hotmail/hotmail-support
Choose 'Your account has been temporarily blocked'

Tell them you have completed the recovery form, but have been unsuccessful.

Make sure under ‘Enter the email address (Microsoft Account) affected by this issue:‘ you give them the email address that is blocked.
Under ‘Enter your contact email address:' you give them an email address you have access to; like the Hotmail you just created.

They will respond in 24-72 hours, depending on how many requests they have waiting in Que before yours.

Remember, you can always follow up with me at no additional charge, if needed.

If you have any questions, please reply and I will assist you.

Please remember to rate my answer below.

I will not get credit for assisting you today unless you rate 'Ok Service' or higher and click Submit.