Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Windows live mail 2011 w7 ultimate - can I increase the number

Windows live mail 2011 w7 ultimate - can I increase the number of blocked senders allowed?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me please which email service Live Mail is connecting to? eg: Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Am I going to get an answer to my question???

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

John

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Richard,

I have not received an answer to my question yet! and you are asking for feedback!!!!!

John

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Been waiting on you to answer my question John, which I posted within minutes of you making this.

I will repeat it. I need you to answer this please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did reply but it seems to have got lost.

As far as I know we do not use any of the mail services you mentioned, we have our own VPS server with 34sp.com

John

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I was asking which mail service you are using, just providing these as examples.

The reason is you will need to do additional blocking on the Mail server via its own Spam Controls. If I knew which email service you used, I could explain how to do this.

If you are using a VPS server, you will need to see which server is used for mail, and the tools that have been made available. You will then do the blocking here, so that it never reaches Windows Live.

Feel free to ask if you would like more information please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Richard,

I have spoken to 34SP several time about this problem and they have put into place their spam control but its not working very well. However I need to add individual email address or domains and the easiest way to do this is to add to Windows Live Mail Blocked senders list but this is restricted to 500 entries.

I have found a code adjustment that can be made to HKEY system, as below, but I am reluctant to make changes!!

But thank for your help anyway, sorry you do not have the answer.

John

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ ParametersSystem\
DWORD: Type Max Extended Rule Size
Value Data: maximum size (in bytes) that you want to allow

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

I just dont understand your response John

You have complained about me not answering when I was, and now you are saying I am wrong as you have an untested solution.

Sorry, but this is not how to work.

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All I asked was do you know the way to increase the number of the blocked senders list in Windows Live Mail, just that!

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
And as I informed you you have to do it via the Email provider if you want to exceed the limit set in the program.