Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I have my password XXXXX ID but i forgot my security answer to

I have my password XXXXX ID but i forgot my security answer to the security question and yahoo wont access my account what do i have do to now i have tried severalnames in the security question but cant get the right answer and I need my account accessed im loosing out on a load of work
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Is this a free Yahoo account or a paid one that you pay for?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Free yahoo accoiut

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Damien.

When you created the account, did you set a Cell phone number or Alternate Email address to be contacted on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alternative email address

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, then you will see the option to have the password XXXXX sent to this if it is still valid.

Are you getting this option when you follow the procedure on my link below?

https://edit.yahoo.com/forgotroot

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been trying to get back into my account for over a week now all because i cant remember my security code that was set in 2009

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
I understand, but can you reply on my last question please Damien?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard i have tried that option all week and wont let me in

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Ok, then you need to fill out a special form.

This form will have you provide some information about your account as well as a new alternate email address.

Access the form at the following link:
http://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT&page=contact

Once on that page choose Hacked Accounts, Unable to verify secret question next Click Email to open the form.

When finished submit the form. It may take yahoo a few days to reply because it takes time to verify the information. If you provided enough information to verify the account is yours they will send you a password XXXXX link.

Ultimately you will need to verify that this is your account or else you will not be able to get back in. Unfortunately since the internet can be a very dishonest place yahoo is unable to take anyone on their word.

If you get confused or need help during any part of the process please do not hesitate to reply to me and let me know so I can further assist. Most importantly you must provide them with an email address that they can contact you at under where it says alternate email address.

I would kindly ask you to remember when you are asked to rate my service you are rating me personally. You are not rating Yahoo or their procedures or your frustration with the situation which I know is difficult.