Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have an AppleMac desktop and despite having frequently changed

Customer Question

I have an AppleMac desktop and despite having frequently changed my password, I can only access my emails for a day or two before apparently being locked out again. This has happened repeatedly since BT and Yahoo combined. We have an Apple Ipad which can access our emails. Can you help please.
Category: Email
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 3 years ago.
This is not BT but I can try to help you if you wish:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response which I have today been able to read for the first time today on our AppleMac as I have reset my email password XXXXX again. I suspect it will kick us out again soon and since I am used to a keyboard, I find that communication on an IPad difficult if this should happen. The info you need is:-

Version 10.7.3

Processor 2.7 GZH intel core 3

Memory 4gb 1333 MHZ DDR3

Dtart Up Disk Mackintosh HD

Hope this helps.

John Woolsey

I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. I am required to post any procedure as an Answer even if it is just a diagnostic test, so please ignore the Rate to Finish box and Reply to Expert after you have tried that.

Restart the computer while holding the Command and R keys to boot to Recovery HD partition, when it boots select the Disk Utility and Continue. Then select Macintosh HD on the left and first Verify Disk on the right and if that is OK Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair Disk.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike,

We seem to be OK since changing our Password yet again. Hopefully it was just a glitch which will not reoccur for a while. I think open ended online help was not appropriate for this one. Thanks anyway. Over and out.

John

OK thanks, Repairing Permissions can help there too