Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

My email has been hacked and my password XXXXX but Microsoft

My email has been hacked and my password XXXXX but Microsoft won't allow me access back to my own account saying I didn't provide enough info on the recovery form. It's a new email account and didn't send no emails from it yet. So can't put anything down for that. I can't use my mobile number, as that changed and I didn't update my account before it was hacked. How can I get access back into my own account?
Category: Email
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Before we start I want to make sure you are aware it is possible you will not be able to get the account back, if you can not get verified Microsoft will not let you back into the account at all.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I have a feeling that will be the case, it's just frustrating that I can no longer gain access to my work folder. Also I'm aware that it might now be possible that my phone is compromised as my iCloud also runs of this email address.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I would suggest never using a free email service for anything related to work because it is not secured. Paid services are able to verify you by payment information when something like this happens. As for iCloud I would immediately change the email associated with it. When you got the message saying not enough information which form did you fill out?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried the Microsoft recovery form
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
This one: Click Here?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes that one. I've filled as much info as possible. But comes back with they can't verify that I'm the account holder.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Darn, unfortunately that is the only option with free account and if you are not able to verify yourself using that form you will not be able to get the account back. I was hoping you were using the forgot password XXXXX You will want to immediately change all passwords to any websites etc associated to that email. Then you will want to change the email for iCloud if you are able to get into it and anything else you used that email address with.

If you use a free email service again I suggest getting an email client like thunder bird as well which is also free. That way you will have a local copy of all your emails on your computer itself. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the help though. I will get a new email and start changing all my bits connected to that address. Thanks again. Have a good day
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
..
You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your hotmail account.
.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience: Years of experience.