Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Email question

I have re-stored my deleted emails from gmail but record for one user name is XXXXX XXXXX the same that is chat , emails from that user name is XXXXX XXXXX I can see complete data for last 6 years ..what can be the case and also one of email is missing which was in month of december 2013 ..what can be the reasons . I have verified that the user name is XXXXX XXXXX of which emails , chats are missing

Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

To clarify, you are missing emails that are in your Gmail account and you wish to retrieve these.

Is this correct?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No , actually I have several chats , emails etc in the gmail account and I deleted them all , cleared from trash as well , now my gmail looks all blank each and every tab is blank.

Now I requested gmail to restore my deleted email of which they have restored the emails but my problem is related to particular user name : chat and email from particular user are NOT restored , rest all have been re-stored .

I used to chat with that user name for around 1.5 yrs in restore I can see my data for last 5 years except this particulat user .

Just confused why this is happening with that particular user only ....and I have confirmed that the user account is still active so in google re-store I shall get all the data back why this particular id data is missing ?

and + 1 particular email is missing which was at my inbox between 25th 27th dec 2013 - 2Jan 14

Rest all the data is perfectly re-stored?

Any clues ???

This is regarding gmail account.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It would have been that the emails from that particular user were not recoverable Ajay.

Not everything can be recovered if it is removed from the server already.

As it is just that one user, it may be an issue with their account on the server that caused this.

But if you requested all emails and chats to be recovered, and this was not included, then it would not have been possible as it would have been missing from the server. It is the only reason they would not recover it.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can normal user get his emails deleted from server , I mean the record would be on my name how can anyone go on google server and delete particular user emails ? Can that generally happen ?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Google could do it, they are the only ones that can.

If the user seriously violated the terms and conditions it is possible.

I am only saying this is a potential reason for why the emails were removed from the server and were not recoverable.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

does it require any court order or proof or request google and they will simply do it for anyone?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
If Google themselves decided to, they would just do it. It is very rare, but it is their email server so they can choose themselves.

If they were forced to, it would need to be a court order, and even then it is tough.

I really believe the data was just gone from the recovery server they have. They do not guarantee to recover all content as they do not have the capacity to store everything for an unlimited time Ajay.