Cory
Cory, Support Technician
Experience:  5+ years of email experience
8685120

unable to log on to hotmail account recovery not enough de

unable to log on to hotmail account recovery not enough detail
Category: Email
Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, I am Cory. I will be assisting you today.

I am sorry you are having trouble with your Hotmail account.

How many times have you completed the recovery form?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My hotmail was frozen by hotmail as a security measure due to someone trying to access it, I attempted to have a recovery code sent to me but my back up email address is a former company i used to work for so its non existent anymore. next I followed their recovery for filling in details such as previous recipients, folders, titles o emails but each time it says there is not enough information and the only option is to repeat the form

I've done this 6 times now

Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.
If you keep completing the form and it keeps getting denied, your account can be blocked and you will not be able to access it.

You did do the right thing by coming here and asking for expert assistance.

When completing the recovery form does not work, there is one more way you can contact MSN/Hotmail. This is by contacting a Hotmail moderator.

This a good method for you.

Because you can not remember everything, which is very understandable, contacting a Hotmail Moderator will allow them to look into your account manually and assist you.

Contacting a Hotmail Moderator:

You will need to create another email address with Hotmail, because you need to be logged into Hotmail to contact a moderator.
Sign up here - https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx

Once you have created the email address with Hotmail, please follow the directions below:

Please click http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/hotmail/hotmail-support
Choose 'Your account has been temporarily blocked'

Tell them you have completed the recovery form many times, but have been unsuccessful. Tell them you want them to verify your account manually.

Make sure under ‘Enter the email address (Microsoft Account) affected by this issue:‘ you give them the email address that is blocked.
Under ‘Enter your contact email address:' you give them an email address you have access to; like the Hotmail you just created.

They will respond in 24-72 hours, depending on how many requests they have waiting in Que before yours.

Remember, you can always follow up with me at no additional charge, if needed.

If you have any questions, please reply and I will assist you.

Please remember to rate my answer below.

I will not get credit for assisting you today unless you rate 'Ok Service' or higher and click Submit.