Nick H.
Nick H., Email Specialist
Experience:  Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, and 2013, Lotus Notes 6.5, 8.5, Windows Live Mail.
63271161

Galaxy S4. After Galaxy software download earlier this week

Galaxy S4. After Galaxy software download earlier this week my email won't sync. I have gone into email settings and activated sync - it runs and then reverts to unsynced
Category: Email
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

It seems the Master Sync might be OFF. Swipe down from top. You will get many options on this Notification screen. Swipe left on top row of buttons. You will see the icon of 2 arrows going in a circlar. That is Master Sync. Tap it to turn it ON.

Check again your Email should sync by now.

Another method:

Go to Settings -> Data usage -> Go to the mobile tab. Press Menu button or 3dots button -> select Auto Sync data. This will enable Auto Sync.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reply back to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The two arrows have the words Mobile data under them? Is that what you are referring to?

Rod

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Rod,

It looks like this:

graphic

Or you can try to add the Power control widget. Go back to Home screen. Press Menu or tap and hold the Background. Select Add widget. Select Power control one. You will get 5 icons. Tap the 2 arrow button.

Nick