Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I am trying to set up my email account on my iPad so that I

I am trying to set up my email account on my iPad so that I can access my messages on both MacBook Pro and iPad. How can I do this. Please
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

I will give you the steps to install BTInternet on the iPad for emails, and I would like you please to tell me on which step you get stuck

Go to settings >mail contacts, calendars > add account… > don’t choose the ‘yahoo’ option, tap the ‘other’ option from the bottom of the list > Add Mail Account and enter the following details:

Name – it can be anything you want, but usually your real name is preferable

Address – your full Yahoo or BT Internet email address

Password – your email account password

Description – this can be used if you have more than one email account on the device but put something like ‘work’ or ‘personal, or ‘yahoo’ or ‘BT Internet

Press “Next” and allow the verification (this may take a few minutes)

On the next screen it will want you to input incoming and outgoing mail server details:

Tap ‘IMAP’ at the top, POP3 doesn’t work so well these days with Yahoo
Incoming mail server settings:

Host name: imap.mail.yahoo.com

Username: your full Yahoo or BT Internet email address

Password: your email account password

Outgoing mail server settings:

Host name: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Password: your email account password

Press ‘next’

Slide the notes and mail to be ‘on’ and press ‘save’ in the top-right

Check your email on the device and see if it is working. Try sending yourself a message and see if it arrives. If messages are not able to send do the following:

Additional setting changes

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > tap your Yahoo or BT email account > a window will appear, tap on your email address > scroll down to the bottom of the window and tap where it says ‘SMTP’ > tap the primary server (which should be smtp.mail.yahoo.com) >make sure the following is on or enabled:

‘Use SSL’ should be ‘ON’

Authentication should be ‘password’

Server port should be ‘465’

Press ‘done’ in the top-right

Now do back to your emails and see if you can send

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have followed instructions but keep getting smpt.yahoo.mail.com is not responding, check my network connection and correct info is in outgoing server field. My macbook pro is connected fine and the info is in the right place What now?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, for the outgoing settings, use

Server as mail.btinternet.com

Port: 465 (this may not be automatically populated on selection of SSL, so you'll need to check this)

SSL Encryption: Enabled

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It seems to have worked! thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome!

We just needed to get the correct settings Anne. It will be ok now.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs