Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Hi. Im borrowing a friends camcorder this weekend to record

Hi. I'm borrowing a friend's camcorder this weekend to record an important talk at my church. It is the Samsung SC-HMX20C. I will later be copying the footage onto my lap-top (Acer Aspire V5), to edit it (we are using another camera to record cut-in shots, and we will be adding music). I don't have the camcorder in my possession at the moment. I have edited Super 8, and 16mm film in the past, but am new to editing video. I intend to get back into film-making having had a break of 20 years, so this is the start of something I will be taking seriously. I am planning to use Final Cut Pro, which I'm looking in to purchasing at the moment.

(i) What is the best way to transfer the footage onto the computer? (I've read that there is an HDMI socket and a USB socket. (I have both of these sockets on my computer).

(ii) What leads do I need, with what plugs?

(iii) I'm purchasing two clip-on mics, as we have two people speaking at once. Can I plug these into a 2 into 1 adapter then into the camcorder?

(vi) Do you have any further advice?

I thank you, XXXXX XXXXX and look forward to hearing from you.

Peter
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

1) You use the USB port and the camera becomes a drive on the computer. You then copy the film from it like any file on your computer.

2) The cable comes with the camera. It is a USB cable.

3) You can, as it will put the sound into the one socket.

4) The camera is very easy to use, one of the simplest. But I would still recommend to go over the manual to understand the different recording functions. You can see the manual here.

Click me to view Under Manuals.

The memory card can also be used, you just insert it directly into the memory card slot of your computer. It is the same as connecting the camera via the USB, so you can do either.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.