gurltech21
gurltech21, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I know how to configure email settings for Outlook, Windows mail, and many other email clients.
65839687

My husband and others on my contact list received an email

Customer Question

My husband and others on my contact list received an email from me which I didn't send. He opened it and it was about weight loss. I then tried to access my Hotmail account and was asked to verify my password XXXXX I did. I then had a message from Microsoft that said someone else had accessed my account. They asked me to verify my email address to receive a code. I did this and I find I can't get a code because I can't get on my email account. I filled in an account verification form but they replied ( to my husbands email ) that I did not provide enough information. I do not send many emails.
Category: Email
Expert:  gurltech21 replied 3 years ago.

gurltech21 :

Hello there! It looks like your email account has been hacked. The best next step you can take is to get in contact with Microsoft support. Send in you case to them and they will unblock your email account. To contact Microsoft support, click here------->http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=259772

gurltech21 :

It's better to go through Microsoft support because getting the email verification to work is very difficult (usually, it fails)

JACUSTOMER-zsixcsbq- :

I have changed my password XXXXX and it still goes back to someone may be using your account. they ask for my email address to access a code but how can I get a code when I can't get in my email account !!!

gurltech21 :

I understand. Did you try clicking on the link that I sent you?

gurltech21 :

If you're not able to log in, I can actually put in the case to Microsoft for you. All I need is your email address (the one that you are locked out of) and an address that you can get to (like your husbands) so when they contact you they can talk with you. You will NOT be getting another code to unlock your a email. A hotmail technician will communicate with you.

JACUSTOMER-zsixcsbq- :

yes I did and I have already filled out an account verification form but as I don't send a lot of emails ( I think this scam one is probably the only sent from my account this year ) they said there was not enough information supplied.

JACUSTOMER-zsixcsbq- :

Please put my case to Microsoft my email is [email protected] and my husbands is [email protected] thank you

gurltech21 :

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I totally feel your frustration--this exact thing happened to my husbands account two weeks ago. ...Looks like the chat isn't letting your email address through. Give me one second here...

gurltech21 :

I apologize...you will have to send it to me through google docs because of the security of the chat system. Click here------> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1D0ql3d9VnHE_mql3q44ZGHpjn0TJ_xQmWHyr6XE7wI4/viewform

gurltech21 :

Thanks! I got it.

gurltech21 :

Give me a moment here....

gurltech21 :

Okay. Your case has been officially submitted. A microsoft tech should be emailing you in 24 hours. I've attached pictures of the transaction as proof.

Full Size Image

gurltech21 :

Full Size Image

gurltech21 :

I'm sorry about the inconvenience this has caused you. Unfortunately in a situation like this there are really only two options: Contact the email provider (in this case it's Microsoft) or create a new email account. Thank-you for allowing me to try to help you solve your problem. I always strive to give the best advice that I can, and this is one of those cases where Microsoft has failed to keep their service secure so customers like you have to go through things like this. I hope that you have a very nice day otherwise. :)

JACUSTOMER-zsixcsbq- :

I feel I have not had a satisfactory answer to my problem because the expert only told me to try things I had already done.