Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

Even though I obey instructions to change my email accounts

Customer Question

Even though I obey instructions to change my email accounts password, next time I want to log in, I am told my password XXXXX changed however many days ago it was. I KNOW THAT -I changed it! However, I can get to both my emails using the password XXXXX logging in to Google will not recognise.
Every time I change a password, I get exactly the same response, ie 'your password XXXXX changed x amount of days ago. Please can you help me get rid of this anomaly
Category: Email
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

It looks like your old password XXXXX your Gmail account has been saved in your browser, so it auto-fills the old password XXXXX time you go to Gmail, showing up the error message in the process.

In order to resolve the issue, you will need to delete the auto-filled old password XXXXX your browser itself. May I know if you are using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox as your browser?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am using Google Chrome.

Sorry I came out, but the amount I would have to pay was a bit too much as I am a pensioner