Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I cannot recover my Hotmail account. I have been through the

I cannot recover my Hotmail account. I have been through the reset password XXXXX many times but because I don't use the email very much I cannot supply the email addresses or file names as I haven't a separate record of what they are, and I don't use an X card for payment. I have tried using the contact mobile phone for a security code but that doesn't work either. I do need to recover these files or move them into my new Outlook email account
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can I ask, please, have you filled in this recovery form?

https://account.live.com/acsr?rollrs=04

If you have not, fill it in and be as detailed and accurate to the questions as possible. When you complete it, tell me what the form results are.

Or if you have done this form, please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sufficient information

As I mentioned in my original request I cannot remember the file names or e-addresses in my account

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you John, I just was not sure if you did this form or the reset form and did not wish to assume.

If they have denied this, it can be very difficult if not impossible to get the account back if you cannot verify with the form. I have spent many hours researching the options and have helped hundreds of hotmail users that are in your same position. 

The methods I am going to share with you are not made public by hotmail but they do in fact work. You will need to be patient though as it could take a couple days. Considering you are about to lose your accounts though, a few days is worth the wait. It is incredibly important that you very carefully follow my instructions so you complete the procedure correctly.

An option is to reach out to a hotmail representative on their forums, they have access to look deeper into the account and sometimes can help in these situations.

First you are going to need to create another email address with Hotmail. Please go to the following link to create that.
https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx

Once you create the new address do the following.

Please click http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/hotmail/hotmail-support

Next choose "Your account has been temporarily blocked"

Tell them you have not been successful with the recovery form. 

Be sure that under "Enter the email address (Microsoft Account) affected by this issue:" 

You provide them the email address that is blocked and not the new one.

Under ‘Enter your contact email address:' give them the new account you just created.

In most cases they will respond in 24-72 hours, depending on how many requests they have waiting before yours.

A moderator will take a closer look at your account and work with you to try and help you get back in. 

As well as sending the message directly to the moderator it can sometimes be quicker to reach out to them in their public forums and they may message you or ask you to message them privately with more information.

Go to the following link and click ask a question on the upper right hand side of the page. A box will appear. In that box type what has happened. Remember to be very polite and give as much information as you can. Here is the link to the forums:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/hotmail

Microsoft/Hotmail takes account security very serious which is why they make this so difficult and make you confirm all of that information. It is to prevent unauthorized access to your account.

I hope that this information helps you get into your account. I would kindly ask you to remember when you are asked to rate my service you are rating me personally. You are not rating hotmail or their procedures or your frustration with the situation which I know is difficult.

If you require any additional information at all, or have difficulties with my instructions, please do not hesitate to let me know.