Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I have forgotten my YahooMail ID and therefore cannot log in

I have forgotten my YahooMail ID and therefore cannot log in to my emails.

Yahoo say they cannot help me as I do not have a mobile phone registered with them and my alternative email address is out of date.

I have my email address and my security questions and answers.

My emails contain all my contacts and much information regarding the charity I work for as well as my hobbies and interests and family matters

please can you help me

phyllis deer
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

When you now try to sign in, what is the exact message you now receive?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

as I do not recall my ID I click on the "cannot access account" - this gives me two options "email to my yahoo account" (which I cannot access as i have forgotten my ID) or "email to my alternative account" which has not been operational for over 5 years (it was my old work account)

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, your ID Phyllis, is your Yahoo email address.

Do you recall what this was?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes - when I put this in I still need my password XXXXX which I have changed so often, I cannot remember the latest.

when I request to change my password XXXXX get the same two alternatives as above

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, so we do have the ID.

But none of the password XXXXX options are possible for you.

When you do not have access to your alternate email address and cannot verify by answering the security questions you need to fill out a special form.

This form will have you provide some information about your account as well as a new alternate email address.

Access the form at the following link:
http://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT&page=contact

Once on that page choose Hacked Accounts, Unable to verify secret question next Click Email to open the form.

When finished submit the form. It may take yahoo a few days to reply because it takes time to verify the information. If you provided enough information to verify the account is yours they will send you a password XXXXX link.

Ultimately you will need to verify that this is your account or else you will not be able to get back in. Unfortunately since the internet can be a very dishonest place yahoo is unable to take anyone on their word.

If you get confused or need help during any part of the process please do not hesitate to reply to me and let me know so I can further assist. Most importantly you must provide them with an email address that they can contact you at under where it says alternate email address.

I would kindly ask you to remember when you are asked to rate my service you are rating me personally. You are not rating Yahoo or their procedures or your frustration with the situation which I know is difficult.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks - so far

I followed instructions as far as Unable to verify secret question but all I got was a list of articles which might help me - I saw no email button to click

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You should see it in the 3rd box under "We're here to help!" Phyllis when you have selected unable to verify my secret question.

Can you double check this please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have only two boxes - call us and contact community

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then you need to choose the option for Call Us Phyllis as they are not allowing you to email.

Can you do this please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have just dialled the number they give - I get a message that I cannot complete the call (presumably a very high toll rate to USA)

thanks for your help - I will try again later

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, try later, and I have marked this question to never close, so if you still have problems then, just let me know here Phyllis, there is no time limit on this.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have finally got through to the UK support call center and have been able to register my mobile phone number and change my password.

so now we are back to all systems go!

Thank you so much for your help

Phyllis