Cory
Cory, Support Technician
Experience:  5+ years of email experience
8685120

I cannot access my yahoo email which [email protected]

I cannot access my yahoo email which [email protected] I think the last time I was able to access it was 13 April. I am pretty sure that my password XXXXX XXXXX; but it doesn't register. My stepson (who is pretty technical) thinks that yahoo needs to reset something? I have tried calling both helpline numbers (toll free and toll); but am unable to get through.

I live in England and pay Yahoo with my RBS credit card by direct debit. The last payment I have is on 3 April 2013 for £19.99. (I do not yet have my April 2014 statement to see if this was paid to you this April).

I can be reached on my office email [email protected]

I am the process of changing my home computer so everything is a bit of a nightmare. Please let me know soonest what to do next

I can be reached by email on my office address:[email protected]

I can recei
Category: Email
Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, I am Cory. I will be assisting you today.

Please click https://edit.yahoo.com/forgotroot to start the password XXXXX
Choose 'I have a problem with my password' and click Next
Enter your Yahoo ID and click Next
Choose a way to reset your password.

Let me know if you are able to reset your password XXXXX access your account.

If not, please reply and I will assist you further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Cory,

Sorry to be such an 18th century person. I have tried the forget password XXXXX before; but did as you advised; and came up with nothing useful. It comes up with an address with a lot of stars I cannot read and stuff about"Bing"???? I have no idea what to do.

Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.
Ann,

Do you recognize the email that is blocked out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

NO!

Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.
Ann,

Because you can not reset your password, you will have to complete the recovery form.

Please click https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx to create an email account with Hotmail.
When you complete the recovery form, please give them that email, that way they have a way to contact you by email.

If you already have an email address you can access, you do not need to create another one.

Please follow the steps for recovery:

Please click https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=contact&locale=en_GB&y=PROD_ACCT#

Choose 'Password XXXXX Sign In'
Choose 'Forgot my Yahoo ID'
Choose 'Email'

Next to Yahoo ID, you will see email. This is where you put the other email address that you can access, that way they can contact you.

graphic

Once you complete the form, please give them 1-3 business days to respond. Some customers have reported gaining access in as little as 20 minutes.

In the meantime, you can try contacting them by phone:

U.K. free phone: 0800 0289 562
From 10am to 4pm GMT, Monday through Friday

If you have any questions, please reply and I will assist you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Cory. Fingers crossed! They have said they will respond to my office email.

Many thanks for your help - we are not out of the woods yet; but there seems to be a bit of daylight! I had to fill in their bloody form 4 times!! Not your fault.

Best wishes,

Ann

Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.
Ann,

Your welcome!

Please do not forget to rate my answer.

Have a good day!

Cory