Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have a number of Macs. I have my email accounts set up with

I have a number of Macs. I have my email accounts set up with a provider. I have set these up as explained and they have worked to a fashion. last week I had a major fall over with the internet. All is now back up and running but I couldn't send emails. It told me the the SMTP serve was missing. When I tried o change that the window was greyed out, but there are no outgoing servers shown. I deleted one of the accounts which I have now reinstalled but its telling me the port is wrong....is there any expert out there that can get this sorted for me!
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.

Who is your email provider? Is it Hotmail? Yahoo Mail or Gmail?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a number of providers. My main home account is with ALO and I have 2 accounts with gmail.

The most important accounts are also linked to my web site. They are provided by daily.co.uk (POP) accounts.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Jess,

Is this something that can be done via messages or could I be talked through it by Skype or similar?

Will

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Will,

Thank you for writing back with that information. Since you have multiple accounts in your Mail program, it will be a thorough troubleshooting that is required to fix the problem. Do you want me to remotely access your computer so that I can troubleshoot the email problem directly?

Remote access is an optional additional service with a minimal fee but it will be safe and faster mode of help especially in your email scenario because I can check the problem directly while you are watching. Just let me know if you want this remote access option.

Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That would be great

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Will,

Thank you for writing back with that confirmation. To allow me to remotely access your computer, we need a free tool. Please click or go to the link below:

Please go to http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

Click on the green Download button and download the teamviewer tool, it is free. I already have that tool.

You can get the Mac version in this link:

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mac.aspx

Then install and run Teamviewer, then give me the 9digit ID and the password so that I can connect to your computer. I will be waiting for the digits so that I can connect to your computer.

Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ID XXXXXXXXX /p>

tx6c79

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry but I cannot see the ID as it is displayed as XXXXXXXXX for policy reasons. Please post it in groups of 3 like 123 456 789.

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

716 024 341

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Will,

I cannot connect to your computer. Did you configure your Teamviewer there for blacklist and whitelist by going to Extras => Options then Security?

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not that I am aware. I have tried to send you a screen shot without any luck can I try and contact you its asking or a partner ID?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Will,

Partner ID is the ID that you sent me so that I can connect to your computer. Please try to close Teamviewer and then open it again and then give me the new digits to connect.

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Try this one

716 024 241

3375

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Will,

Please do not close your team viewer so that I can connect. I got an error that the ID does not exist.

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Team viewer is sat on my desktop and shows as Ready to Connect (secure connection) I deleted the one I had before and just reinstalled.

Your ID 716 024 341

Password XXXXX

Will

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Will,

I am connected now. No need to reply here...

Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Will,

The issue has beeb resolved through remote support! Thank you for your patience. The problem related with the settings and certificates of your email accounts.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated! Cool

If you needassistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess