Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I have been given my daughters old kindle. How can I change

Customer Question

I have been given my daughter's old kindle. How can I change te necessary items to pass the ontrols over to me?
her e-mail address is cherylwd03kindle.com
my e-mail arrress is [email protected]
:ook forward to your reply
Jim W
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me please which model Kindle you have?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

kindle3.4

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

What you need to do is reset the Kindle and then register it with your own Amazon account so your content is there.

To do this, on the Kindle, do the following please

Go to the home screen. Press 'Home'.
Press the Menu button, scroll to Settings.
Press the 'Menu' button again, select Reset to Factory Defaults

Let this complete, register with your own Amazon Account and you will then have access to your own content.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the wi-fi asks for apassword identity. I have used the one on the router. It then tells me that I am still not conected and suggests that I either re enter the password or reset. Any ideas as towhat to do next?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
The password is incorrect James.

Look on the router for Security Key, Passphrase or wireless key and enter this as the password.

Let me know the results please