Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

My hotmail account in Australia has not been used for 12 days

Customer Question

My hotmail account in Australia has not been used for 12 days while touring in Europe. Now I cannot open it from my daughters computer in the UK.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

When you now try to sign into your account, what is the exact message you get?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are trying to sign in from a different location, computer or app. Please fill in the attached support information and we will send you a code.The information has been given as far as I can remember it. For example I cannot remember the last few E-mails that I sent.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Richard

From time to time microsoft will ask you to confirm that this is your account by sending you a code. If you do not have access to the account or phone number which is listed in your recovery information you can still log in.

You will see a box that says "Where should we send your code?"

Click the arrow to the right of the email address that is shown and choose "I cant verify my account"

Now click next

On the next page you may be asked for a 25 digit code, if you do not have one click No.

Click next again and enter an email address that you do have access to.

A 4 digit code will be sent to that, enter the 4 digit code on the same screen.

DO NOT click "I have a code" that is not the same thing.

Once you properly enter the code it will tell you the account will be locked for 30 days. What this means is during the next 30 days you cannot change the password or security information on this account.

Even though the account is locked from changing security information you may still access the mail by going to www.hotmail.com

The reason you are having to go through all of this is because your account recovery information is not up to date, it is important that you always keep a current back up email address on the account.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will try and then let you know. Thanks.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome Richard

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.