Bryan
Bryan, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Whether it's web based email, or computer based, I've used, configured and debugged most of them.
59162784

I have a contact us page on my website and when clients send

Customer Question

I have a contact us page on my website and when clients send a message, nothing comes through to my yahoo e mail. Do you know why this is?
Lisa
Category: Email
Expert:  replied 3 years ago.

Bryan :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Bryan :

Can you give me the url for the website?

Customer:

www.kenthousecleaning.co.uk

Bryan :

Ok, give me a minute

Bryan :

It's just a mailto link, right?

Customer:

Its under the contact us page, and there is a form to fill out enquiring about cleaning services, but I have noticed that none of the e mails are coming to my yahoo account. it used to work, but a client mentioned it the other day. I have had the man who built the website look at it, but to no avail. I am wondering if its a problem with my yahoo mail or the server?

Bryan :

Ok, I'll check the form. Can you check your email for a new email that says it's a test from your mailto?

Customer:

It used to have a code to type it before sending it, to show you are not a robot, but the website designer deleted this, but it still doesn't work as I have tried it many times myself

Customer:

Yes I got that, so do you think its working? I wonder why it didn't work when I did it?

Customer:

My partner tried it from his e mail too and it didn't work!

Bryan :

Well, the mailto works fine. It's the form that's a problem. I would have your web designer verify the email address associated with the submit action. If that checks out then the only option I can see would be for me to download your site so that I have the source code and can do a more thorough examination.

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX ask th website designer to verify my e mail address with the submit action is that correct?

Customer:

Do you need any codes to download my site?

Bryan :

Exactly

Customer:

So if any potential clients submit an enquiry using the form, they should get through to me?

Bryan :

Yes. I would need the login for your hosting company. But, don't post it here because it will be public. Let's see what your designer says first. If he can't get it then I will send you an additional services offer where we can continue through email.

Bryan :

As long as they just click on your email address it will go through to you. But filling out the form (for now) will not.

Bryan :

But we can fix that, if your designer can not.

Customer:

ok thank you, XXXXX XXXXX is a problem with the form (ie the designer needs to correct)? he is not being very helpful when I ask him to look into it. Shall I ask him for the login as I don't have this?

Bryan :

Yes. You will need the hosting company login info. Whoever it is that hosts your site, you will have a username, password XXXXX access url. We need those 3 bits of info.

Bryan :

I'm going to be stepping out for a couple hours though to have breakfast with my father-in-law. Do you want me to send the additional services request now, or wait and see if he can solve it?

Customer:

ok thanks do you have another contact address I can e mail this to you once I have it?

Bryan :

Yes, that's part of the additional services. One minute.

Customer:

Are you sending it?

Bryan :

I can't until you respond to the additional services offer. It should have come up on your screen. If not, can you check your email for it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have rated you

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
But there is still the "Additional Services" offer outstanding. Check your email for it if you don't see it on screen.