Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

how can I transfer all my e mail addresses to another prov

how can I transfer all my e mail addresses to another provider
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me from which email provider you are switching from and to?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

from msn Hotmail to g mail

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks David

It is actually very easy when going to Gmail.

What you do is setup the Gmail account.

Then sign into the Gmail account and enable the Mail Fetcher so it can access and download your emails from your Hotmail account.

To do this,

Open your Gmail account.

Click the gear in the top right.

Select Settings.

Select the Accounts and Import tab.

In the Check mail from other accounts (using POP3) section, click Add a POP3 mail account you own.

Enter the full email address of the other account, then click Next (This is your hotmail account)

Enter your password.

Now you have a few options to choose from. Here’s our recommended settings:

Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server - Check the box. Otherwise the emails in your other account will be deleted and you’ll only be able to access them in Gmail. Learn more.

Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail - Keep checked.

Label incoming messages - Check the box if you’d like to easily see which emails in your inbox came from this account.

Archive incoming messages - Don’t check. Only check if you don’t want to see new messages from the other account in your inbox.

Click Add Account. If you get an error message while getting set up, click the Show error details link to find out more about what’s not working and tell me.

Once your account has been added successfully, you'll be asked if you want to be able to send mail as this address. This lets you compose messages in Gmail, but have them appear to be sent from your other email account. You wont need to do this.

Gmail will check your other account for new emails periodically. You can see when the other account was last checked from the Accounts and Import tab in Settings.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.