Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Hi - my gmail was hacked recently and now I am not receiving

Hi - my gmail was hacked recently and now I am not receiving replies to my emails going out to people because when they reply and hit send the g (from gmail) has been removed from my email address. They are not getting a non-delivered message, but I am not getting the message. Is there some way that I can rectify this?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2010 to send and receive your emails? Or are you using a web browser like Chrome or Internet Explorer to send and receive your emails.

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi I am using google chrome

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for writing back with that inforamtion. Please try these steps:
  1. Access your Gmail in Chrome and then try to send an email to your own gmail account
  2. After receiving that email, please click on Reply
  3. Compose a dummy reply and send
  4. Did you get the reply?

Regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried all that and also got other people to try it - it doesn't work. I've told you what the problem is - the g is being removed from 'gmail' - and I need to know how to stop that from happening.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Cheryll,

Thank you for writing back. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check yourGmail settings that cause this problem? Please let me know so that I can send you the steps for me to remote in.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes - thank you that would be fine.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Cheryll,

Thank you for allowing me to remote in to help you better with your Gmail issue.

In order for me to remote in, we need a free tool. Please go to this link:
http://tinyurl.com/9439e

Then download the Teamviewer QS tool, it is free. I already have that tool.

Then install or run Teamviewer QS, then give me the 9digit ID and the password so that I can connect to your computer. I will be waiting for the digits so that I can connect to your computer.

Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its ********* and password 1700

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
I got the password ***** not the ID since it is shown as *********. Please post it in groups of threes like 123 456 789. Also, please do not close your team viewer.

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

476 817 511

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Cheryll,

Thank you for your patience. I was able to resolve your Gmail issue remotely by fixing the "reply to" email address in your Gmail settings. You can now send and receive emails normally.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated! Cool

If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Cheryll,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you need further assistance with this, please don't hesitate to let me know, I am here to help.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi - thank you. Yes your answer did help - and I have given a full feedback report. My only problem is with the actual JustAnswer website as it just refuses to recognise that I have asked a question!

We eventually had to go through the BT provider of our broadband to get the IP address put back to what it should be. How it got changed I don't know or understand. We haven't managed to get the laptop without the dvd drive to communicate with the printer - but the other laptop does so as long as I bring it to work with me everyday - we can manage!! I am scared to try to get the software (or drivers - or whatever I should be calling them) to load onto this laptop again after what happened before.

Anyway thank you again for all your help and I may speak to you again.

Cheryll

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Cheryll,

Thank you for writing back. I am glad that your Gmail issue has been resolved and I am very glad to be of help.

Yes, if you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,
Jess