Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

my husband vows that he did not send an email to someone called

Customer Question

my husband vows that he did not send an email to someone called OLGA (someone he used to speak to before he met me). However, an email was sent to her with oictures attached on 10 June at 5.30. Only he and I have acxess to his password. Is it possible that it could have just sent itself?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

No it is not. Someone had to compose the email, enter the address and send it. This is not possible just by itself.

It had to of been done by someone, especially if pictures where attached.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where can I find the IP address that it was sent from?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Can you tell me which email service or program you are using Trudy and I can tell you how

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its hotmail.co.uk. could it have been hacked? or some malware?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Its not Malware, it could have been hacked, but it is the first time in 15 years I hear of a hacker sending an email with photos as their purpose.

But in Hotmail, on the email sent (so open it) click Actions and then view source and you will see the IP Address if it was recorded.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help :-)

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Your most welcome Trudy.

If you need anything else, please let me know