Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have one hotmail account frankkillen@ hotmail.co.uk. I have

Customer Question

I have one hotmail account frankkillen@ hotmail.co.uk. I have a macbook an iPhone and recently purchased an iPad
My problem is when i send or reply to an e mail using the iPad the message only appears in the sent box on the iPad and iPhone it does not appear in the sent box on the Macbook?

Also if I delete a message either received or sent from one device it does Not delete it from the other devices, is this right?
Hope you can help

Best Regards

Frank Killen
Category: Email
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

let me know when you are ready.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michelle,I am available what info do you need

Frank

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
i would not need any more info from your side as i see you have already described the problem that when you have sent a new email and it shows the email under your sent mail on the device you have sent and not on the other devices.

I would like to tell you that the emails deleted or sent from one specific device will not make the changes on the mail email server either its gmail, hotmail or any other webbased email.

for example you receive emails on your smart phone and you delete them your phone however if you check on your computer the mail is still there the inbox this is because the email servers detect different ip address and so it tries to not delete it from the main server till you remove it from all the devices you are logged in to.

I hope you understand now let me know if you have any question i will be happy to reply you back.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your reply. I now understand that I have to delete my incoming messages manually from each device. What I cannot understand is that if I send an email using the iPad it appears in the sent box on both the i pad and the i phone but not the macbook, so why appear on the iPhone but not the macbook?

Frank.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
the macbook is not refreshed and it pick the display from the cache stored cookies if you press F5 or reload your email it will be refreshed and then it should be there in the sent box on your macbook too.

Try to reset the safari browser and the load your email the send emails should be there on the macbook too.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michelle,

Very helpful. Unfortunately I am not very good on the computer see of things.

Could you advise how I would reset the safari rowser? In doing that would it effect anything else? Finally is it a choice between pressing F5 or reloading the Safari browser, as you can see I am not much good if I get choices

Frank.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, then you may provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below. If you have any question feel free to ask.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michelle,

I clicked on the link, followed the instructions and clicked on reset, then did attest by sending a mail from iPad it again appears in sent on i pad and i phone but not on Macbook. Should I press F5?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I still have my problem the question has not been answered , What do I do now. I was promised a solution ?

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
let me know when you are online however did you try the steps to reset safari i gave you the link.

To reset Safari:
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michelle,

It is now 10.00hrs in UK so I do not expect you are up yet.

I did go to the link and follow the instructions. I have pressed F5.

The issue I think is with my Macbook because, If send an e mail from my iPad I can "see" this e mail when I go into the sent box on my i phone but I cannot "see" it on my Macbook sent box. When I send a mail from my i pad I can "see" it on my i phone but I cannot "see" it on my Macbook. Why is my Macbook only letting me "see" e mails sent from the Macbook.

I hope this information is helpful. I access my hotmail via the " Mail " icon on all the devices, not the Safari icon, if this is any help

Frank.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michelle,

Sorry, I got the time wrong in my previous message to you.

It is actually 08.33 here in UK at this time

Frank.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

reset safari and let me know if it works.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michelle,

I did what you asked and reset Safari. I then sent an email from my i pad as a test. I could see the email in sent on my i phone but not on macbook. I could also see it on my i pad of course.

Frank.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

Try to download and install firefox on your mac and then try and let me know if it works on firefox browser.

you can download it from the link below

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Michelle,
I apologise for the delay in getting back to you.We are on a short trip to Ireland And I did not have time to download Firefox before we left. I have not got MacBook with me. We will be back on Tuesday I will do it then and let you know.
Thanks for your continuing support

Best Regards

Frank.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply and please let me know after you try.

All the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Michelle, I think I will just leave it it is just too complicated for me I thought I would just be able to sort it with Hotmail. Thanks for trying

Frank