Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

I am currently being asked to give a code for security reasons

Customer Question

I am currently being asked to give a code for security reasons on an alternative e-mail address so as to be able to use my outlook free account in future - I have been given four days to enter the code or else i'll be "locked out of my account". I don't understand this, as I use outlook for locating all my various e-mail addresses in one place (I have important work to do and to be frozen out of such accounts would be disastrous). However, I shall be away for a week starting later today, and when I return it looks as if I won't be able toaccess my e-mails. I have NOT BEEN GIVEN THIS REQUIRED CODE evenb though I had entered an alternative e-mail address. What can I do?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 years ago.

My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

Outlook will never ask you to do something like that. This may be a scam.

May I remote into your system and take a look, just to be sure?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK What do I need to do?

Please, click the following link and choose to run the remote application: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5768f897-5488-4de9-a06a-ed85f4fff368

All is now working.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you for your time and please, do not forget to rate my help below.

- Jason

If you have those problems again, please, let me know.

- Jason