Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Due to the closure of the Hotmail email addresses, I cannot

Due to the closure of the Hotmail email addresses, I cannot open my email address which was *****@******.*** to recover contacts files and other data. Is is possible to recover this to the new address which is *****@******.***. Your advice would be appreciated. Regards, ***** *****

Also, will I still be able to use the hotmail address

Category: Email
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello Fred my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Why do you think that your account was closed? Did you manually close it yourself or did you just leave the account innactive?

Please provide me with the details about what exactly happened to the account you need access to and I will advise your best course of action.

Thanks,
Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been under the impression that hotmail is being dropped and that I will need to use an outlook account. When I tried to open up hotmail with my usual codes, the system opened an outlook screen with the words that this was my new account. So I am confused. Is hotmail being dropped? If so, when? I note that I have been able to open the hotmail on the laptop with the same codes as above. I have no problem with migrating to outlook but want to retain the email addresses. and access to my files. Above all, I would prefer to carry on with my *****@******.*** email system.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Fred,

What happened was Microsoft changed hotmail.com to outlook.com. With this change your address would not change but the interface would. Everything in regards ***** ***** account should've stayed the same and you should be able to continue using your old email address. The only difference would be that you would sign in at outlook.com.

When was the last time you could sign into the hotmail account?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Last week, about wednesday. I have tried opening the hotmail account but I am already booked in and so the screen opens with the new hotmail address. I haven't found a way to force a new sign in screen so i haven't been able to try to get the hotmail on the pc.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Fred,

You do not need to go to any new sign in screen.

Signing in with your same credentials at either www.hotmail.com or www.outlook.com should take you into your account.

Please try this now and let me know what happens.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience: Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

whatever method I try to open up my hotmail address, the new outlook with the new address opens. I need something to enable me to tell it that I want to open the hotmail address. I have not been able to get the usual blue sign in screen to enter the hotmail details.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
You need to click on your name on the top right and choose sign out.
Then sign in with the old address, give that a go and let me know what happens.
Chris L., Support Specialist