Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I cant log on to e mail. It will not accept my password, and

I can't log on to e mail. It will not accept my password, and to change my password ***** don't know the security questions because my daughter set it up and she can't remember them. Can you please let me know how to solve this problem. thank you.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am sorry about your email issue. Can you please tell me your email provider or the tail end part of the problem email address? Is it @yahoo.com? @hotmail.com? @gmail.com? or others?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The e mail provider isbtyahoo

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clarissa,

Thank you for writing back. So is the problem email address ending with @yahoo.co.uk? or @yahoo.com?

Also, is this a free or a paid email account?

Regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The e mail address ends with yahoo.com and it is free.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Clarissa,

Thank you for that confirmation. The very first thing that you can do is to RESET the account password. If you forgot the answer to your security question, or the security info that you have in that account like the alternate email address or the mobile number, is no longer active, your last option is to submit the recovery form.

Please click on the link below for the detailed procedures in recovering your Yahoo Mail account:

http://technicalforum.org/email/recovering-yahoo-email-account

In other cases, the recovery form, being the last recovery option, is no longer available. Instead, you will be given a case number ***** you can call Yahoo to complete the recovery.

Also, I can remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in the recovery process. Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Please let me know your results so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As my knowledge of computers is extremely limited can you access my computer to assist me please.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Clarissa for your permission to remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in the recovery proccess.

In order for me to remote in, we need a free remote access tool. Please click on this link below to get the tool, I already have this:
https://www.join.me/

On that page, click on the orange "Start Meeting" and download the tool and install it then run it. Do not sign up for a free trial. Just run it.

Then give me the 9-digit code that you will see at the top of the very small window, put a dash after every 3 digits like 123-456-789

I will need that code to remote in.

Regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Jess, the code is 821-421-188

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Clasrrisa. I am connected now.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clarissa,

Thank you for your patience. After submitting the recovery request, please wait for BT tech to respond to your request throught email. That will be through your NEW Gmail account that we just created for this purpose.

Depending on the actual bulk of recovery requests that BT received when you submitted yours, this can take 24 to 48 hours for BT to get back to you through your Gmail account.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated! Cool

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess