Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I hope you can help because I have hit a brick

Customer Question

I hope you can help because I have hit a brick wall with Facebook. I usedt my password ***** it failed and the security question also failed. I could not understand how this could have happened as it was the same password ***** had always used and the street i lived in when i was 8 is the same street my parents still live in and I am now 48 years old. I had to ask 3 friends to send me codes. Only one received a code. The other two received a message saying the page is not available. ( see attachment ) Now I cannot select three new friends ( see attachment. I can access facebook via my iphone but I am loathe to log out as the password ***** work again. Please can you advise how I can resolve this. I have looked on forums etc but it always come down to the same answer and as the codes sent to my friends failed I am still at square one. thank you for any advise. best wishes Jill mead ( aka Bonnie Tyler Cameraderie ).

I therefore have only one code and need two others. It seems as if I cant move forward at all now as it always coms back to password ***** log in. Very frustrating. thanks for all help available please. I have also reported this to Facebook but they dont reply to emails. I also tried to suggest I had been hacked and Facebook asks for your email and telephone number but do not contact you at all.

Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is Jess and I am glad to assist you today.

I am sorry about the issue. When was the last time that you were able to access your FB account? This means that your account was hacked or compromised and the hacker managed to change your account information thus your answer to the security question was rejected as the hacker might have changed it as well.

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jess hi,

thanks for your help.

I 17th July was last time I could access via computer. I can access via my iphone and I dont want to log out of my phone incase I cant get back in.

I reported to FB that I suspected I had been hacked but FB NEVER get back to you. I have come to realise how flawed a system they operate. Very disappointing. I forward two attachments to you ( did youy receive them pleas?).

The issue is the codes that FB sends to your friends so you can reaccess your own account. I selected 3 friends and only one has successfully received a code number. I now cannot request any more new codes as the process is in FB system. Its a total brick wall. Impossible to request new password. The CONTINUE button to request one wont actually work so I have no option but to constantly go to request friends.....then back to square one again. It seems there is not one single email or help number on FB to assist with this, Despite leaving my email and telephone when asked by FB this makes no difference at all. All help would be gratefully received. Thanks best wishes Jill

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jill,

I am sorry about your issue and I am sorry I did not receive any attachment with your reply. Do you want me to remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in recovering your Facebook account? Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal fee but it is safe and faster mode of help especially in your case.

Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jess hi,

I am currently at work on a photo shoot but I wonder if the attachments are actually needed.

One was a screengrab of a message received by two of my friend help requests and just said " This page is not available'. Only one friend actually received a code I needed to access my account.

The other one was a screen grab simply saying I cant select anymore friends as the process is underway. Effectively the problem seems to be the problem with two failed codes NOT arriving with my friends. I need all 3 to move forward.

They have refreshed the pages and logged back in etc but the same problem exists.

Does that make it clearer please?

thanks

best wishes

Jill

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Jill for writing back. Have you tried to reset your FB password instead? This process will allow you to get a reset link through the registered email address. If you are available, we can do a remote session any time.

Here are the steps to reset:
  1. Go to the login page at https://www.facebook.com
  2. In the top right, click Can’t log in?
  3. Type the email, phone number or username associated with your account, then click Search and follow the on-screen instructions

Keep me p[osted with your results so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Jess I did this straight away.
I have done all the actions.
They failed.
That is why I had to get ' friends help'.
This is all explained.
I was sent 3 codes from friends and only 2 friends were sent them.
So I can't log on/ change password etc.
I have followed every lead.
This is quite frustrating now as I seem to be asked the most basic of questions.
Please can you advise.
Thankyou.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Jess I have also just looked at your advice and when you click can't log in it never takes you to a page to put email/ telephone number etc and no where to ' search'.
When I click can't log in I get a page saying Why can't you log in?

Then two options:
I've forgotten my password
My account has been hacked.

I followed both these options last week and again now but it simply takes me to a page askinge How would to like to reset your password ?
Then I click on continue and nothing happens.
So as previously stated I go to the option of
No longer have access to these?
Then it takes you through security which fails and then request friend help.
Then I did everything mentioned before in earlier correspondence.

Please can you help.
It seems I am just being told to do everything that I already did before.
Thankyou
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Jill,

Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about this persisting issue. You might think that I am just giving you the basic recovery proceduresand I am sorry for that. I did ask you those basic procedures so that I can visualize as to where you were in the recovery phase as FB has several routes for recovery. Every next procedure that you get in FB is based on your response and the stored information in the cookies especially if you are doing the recovery in the computer which you used to access your FB account before.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in the recovery process?

Keep me posted.
Jess