Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have just had AOL crash (again) and I have now laost all

Customer Question

I have just had AOL crash (again) and I have now laost all my Incoming/Saved E-mail folders on my system!!
Please tell me there is a way to get these back!
Regards.
D.
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please sign in to your AOL e-mail account using a web browser and check if you see all your e-mails there.

Click on THIS LINK to sign in.

Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I explain this. Yes, I have some of my e-mails but only the ones that I had not already moved to the folders I have set up (about 50 of them) under Incoming/Saved E-mail.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
The goal is to check with AOL web interface to see if the missing e-mails are gone there as well or you can access them from the web interface.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

AOL interface??? What is that?? I have lost the FOLDERS under Incoming/Saved E-mail that reside on MY computer NOT AOL. WHAT AM I PAYING £28 FOR??

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
I cannot help you if you won't try my suggestions. Anyway, I will opt out and allow another Expert to take this case.

Regards,
IT Miro

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your AOL issue. There are 2 ways to access AOL emails. First, is to use a web browser like Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and others. Second is to use the AOL Desktop 9.7 software.

Can you please tell me how you access your AOL account?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Why is no one understanding the problem here? I will try again.

I can access all my e-mail no porblem but when I download my e-mail to MY computer (which goes into the Incoming/Saved E-mail folder on AOL) I then transfer it to sub-folders under Incoming/Saved E-mail (for which I had created abotu 25 sub-folders to sort my incoming e-mail). I was in the process of moving an e-mail from the Incoming/Saved E-mail to one of the sub-folders when the dreaded "AOL Has Stopped Working" screen came up, the whole thing crashed and when I re-opened AOL all my sub-folders under Incoming/Save E-mail where gone.

Please tell me there is a way to get back these folders in my PFC.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry about the confusion, but I understood your problem completely. What I was trying to ask is HOW you access your AOL email since there are two ways to access your AOL.

First is by using the AOL Desktop 9.7 software, and the second is by using a web browser like Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Chrome.

Can you please confirm this? Please look at my screen shot below, of AOL using my web browser.

Or can you just tell me the name of the icon that you click to access your AOL? Is it AOL Desktop 9.7?

Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.

I noticed that you mentioned PFC. This means that you are using the AOL Desktop software which I believe is verison 9.7 since it is the latest version.

Can, can you please check your desktop screen if you have a folder there called AOL Saved PFC?

Jess

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I access AOL using the AOL icon direct. Version 9.7.

Yes, I think there is a folder called AOL Saved PFC although not called that. All I can find is "Mail Saved on my PC (Filing Cabinet)" from the File drop down menu and "Saved on my PC (Filing Cabinet)" from teh E-mail drop down menu. Hope this helps.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for writing back.

In order for me to provide detailed procedures, can you please tell me the version of Windows that you are using? Is it Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8?

Jess

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 7 I think.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that confirmation. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in fixing this problem while you watch? It will be safe and faster. Or do you want me to just post the procedures for you to follow?

Let me know.

Regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If you can fix it - please do! Rather you than me trying to follow written instructions!

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for allowing me to remotely access your computer so that I help you better with your AOL email issue.

In order for me to remote in, we need a free tool. Please go to the link below:
https://join.me/

And then click on the orange "Start Meeting" on that page and then download the tool.

Run it and then give me the 9-digit code that you shall see in the very small joinme window. It is shown as join.me/ 9-digit code, just give me that 9 digit code when you reply so that I can connect to your computer and DO NOT close that joinme window.

Just install and run it, no need to sign up for free trial.

Here is a video guide for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysSnI9OhX6I

I will wait for the 9-digit code when you reply.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jess,

Its 572-014-772

D.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. I am connected now.

Jess

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jess, I'm back.

"Join Me" won't let me get a new number unless I take "free account".

BTW - still no folders.

D.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.

Did you download and install it? You can do it again. Go to join.me and then click on the orange "Start Meeting" and then download it. Then run it and you shall get the small window with the 9digit code. Please reply when done.

Jess

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nope - not letting me do anything other than sign up!

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Ok. I believe you did not install joinme in your computer. Now let us try this. Go to http://join.me and then you shall see the box saying Join Meeting there. Enter this code so that you can access my computer: 877-558-483 then click on the arrow sign. Let us check then if we can swap screens.

Jess

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jess, had to create an account - I can't spare much more time on this today.

new code: 648-528-814

D.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks D, connected now.

Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi D,

Thank you for your patience and I am very sorry for the trouble that AOL Software has caused you and your business. But I still believe that your emails are intact since you have a huge-size PFC file.

If doing the System Restore did not solve the missing folders issue, then the next thing that you can do is to uninstall AOL from control panel. Then download AOL Desktop 9.7 and then reinstall it. Here is the link to download AOL Desktop 9.7:

http://daol.aol.com/software/aoldesktop97

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped.

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well, now I have lost everyhting including my ability to log into AOL from the AOL s/w!!! I am NOT a happy bunny!!! Someone better get on this and FIX IT

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello???????????

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Have you uninstalled AOL and then reinstalled it? Please allow me to remote in so that I can check.
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi D,

How is it going? I am still available to help you should you have some time to continue working on the AOL problem.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry - no time. Business to run.

D.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank D. for writing back and I am sorry for all the trouble that you encountered with AOL Mail.

If you need assistance with this in the future and if you still have time to work on this, just reply to me any time.

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,
Jess