Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

i wish to use my original email address (*****@******.***)

Customer Question

i wish to use my original email address (*****@******.***) but since my laptop was recently cleaned up it will not allow me to do so. Keeps saying someone else is using it (yes I was???) At the moment I have had to sign a new address (*****@******.***) Help
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

For privacy reasons email addressees are blocked out on this site so what you typed shows up to me as***@******.***

Can you please retype the email address that you need to have access to and this time do not type the @symbol. Type it like this someoneATsomething.com

Please let me know so I can further assist.
Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nowillm.com

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nowillm.gmail.com

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.

It sounds like your problem is just that you are trying to sign up for a new account rather than sign into your old account. This is why it is telling you the address is taken, basically you are on the wrong page.

All you should need to do is click this link
https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=mail

Then enter your email address and password ***** click sign in.

GIve it a try and let me know if you still have trouble.

Thanks,
Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have tried to do as you have suggested but no joy it still will not accept my email address (*****@******.***) any other suggestions

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
You are most likely typing it incorrectly, I am guessing that you used to have your log in saved and since you had the computer cleaned they cleared your log in.

What is the message you receive when you try and log in?

Also would this be easier if I connected to your computer and helped you log in? Just let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It says that someone else has this email address (which of course is myself) I have typed it in correctly,but I believe I did have it logged in as save. Yes I think it would help if you are able to connect to me thank you

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
You are on the wrong page.

Let me try and connect and show you how to do it.

Please click HERE and then click Join Session to connect. You will need to download and run the connection utility so if anything pops up and asks you to run or allow say yes.