JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has experience in a wide range of e-mails clients from Outlook to Lotus Notes and Webmail.
75967336

Re: my AOL email account, what does it mean when I get a dialogue

Re: my AOL email account, what does it mean when I get a dialogue box message saying that I have reached my 'saved on AOL' limit and that to create a new folder within Saved on AOL I have to click the hyperlink?
The problem is that clicking the hyperlink really gets me nowhere.
Ditto the AOL Help search - How to create a new folder in AOL Mail - it give instructions that cannot be followed on my 9.7 version of the AOL software.
My problem is that I am not receiving any incoming AOL mail, which appears to be because my inbox is blocked.
Can you help please?
Iain.
Category: Email
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
JamesInch :

Hi, sorry to hear your having difficulties with AOL

JamesInch :

The issue appears to be your have to many e-mails in your mailbox - your mailbox is full. So you need to delete some e-mails to create some room, I would agree the error message isnt very clear though!

JamesInch :

If you want I can do a screen sharing session with you and show you wnat you need to do?

Customer:

OK Thanks, ***** ***** a screen sharing session going to cost me more money?

JamesInch :

No, it just saves me from typing :-)

Customer:

OK that's good, I'm broke!

JamesInch :

Please go to this link https://broker.gotoassist.com/h/ao?Question=DR452-191-700
Then please accept the message saying accept connection and confirm your happy to run the program

JamesInch :

This software will send me a copy of your screen, and let me control your mouse.

JamesInch :

First off if you can show me the error message you have, thats seems the quickest way

Customer:

It seems I need a Java update. Do do that now before logging on to the link?

JamesInch :

Accept the suggestions it makes

JamesInch :

it should take a minute if that

JamesInch :

It appears our session ended please try again by going to https://broker.gotoassist.com/h/ao?Question=DR452-191-700

JamesInch :

How you getting on?

JamesInch :

It appears the session has been closed agian

Customer:

There seems to be a problem! I already have the GotoAssist software on my computer but it won't run. So I just keep returning to the Download screen. Any advice?

JamesInch :

Ok, close all the windows you ahve open other than this one

JamesInch :

Then click the link below below, click accept or yes to any pop up window

JamesInch :

Ok I am going to have to pick this up later I am affraid, I will contact you shortly.

Customer:

Apologies for this, I seem to be going round in circles.

Customer:

When I click on the link I get the GotoAssist Download Now page.Clicking on Download Now brings up the a screen giving me the option to Save the software or Cancel. By clicking on Save I get a dialogue box saying GotoAssist alreadt exists and the option to replace it. Clicking YES (to replace) simply takes me into a circular process ending back at this point. Clicking NO brings up a message saying that the AOL Browser has stopped working and gives me the option to Close the Programme. When I close the programme an AOL flash message comes up saying WHOOPS! etc.

Customer:

I have now mannually deleted all my 2013 emails (many 100s). However this seems to have made no difference as my inbox is still empty - ie. not even the test emails I sent my self yesterday are shown. The last incoming email I have is dated 29/07/2014. Normally I receive a dozen or so AOL emails per day.

JamesInch :

Right, have you deleted the e-mail from the deleted folder too?

Customer:

No, is that the Recently deleted folder?

JamesInch :

Thats it yes

Customer:

OK I've permanently deleted everything in that folder. Still nothing in the Inbox.

JamesInch :

Ok, go to the outbox do you see anything showing under that

JamesInch :

Right now send a test e-mail to yourself

Customer:

Yes, all my sent messages are there.

JamesInch :

So your test message is now arriving in your inbox

Customer:

No, it has been sent OK, but has not yet arrived in the New email box.

JamesInch :

Unless I can see your screen I cant really assist you, if you can copy and paste the link below into Internet Explorer that should let it load.

AOL software is usless so I understand why this is so confusing

Customer:

OK it took some time but that is now done. Can you see my screen?

JamesInch :

Right thats the space freed up and your filter deleted so all e-mails are now arriving in your inbox.
Have a nice day.