Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I cant log on to e mail. It will not accept my password.

I can't log on to e mail. It will not accept my password.
Category: Email
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Do you remember the answers to your security questions? What email service do you use?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was locked out yesterday Saturday and was asked to wait 12 hours before trying to open my emails. I am unable to open my accounts file to answer my security questions.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
What email service is this? What does it say when you try to log into it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would it help if I used `system restore`?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
In order to help you I need the answers to the questions I just asked. From what you have told me so far you use webmail so system restore will not change anything. What email service do you use? When you log in what is the exact message it gives you?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My email server is Yahoo. My email *****@******.***

I am asked to fill in my Yahoo ID and password.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Try this and let me know the results once you have

1. Go to the Yahoo Password *****.
  2. Select I have a problem with my password.
  3. Enter your Yahoo ID and click Next.
  4. If prompted, enter the code from the CAPTCHA text verification.
  5. Select the Use my secret questions recovery option and click Next.
  6. Enter the answer to the first secret question presented and click Next.
  7. Enter the answer to the second secret question presented and click Next.
  8. Enter your new password, and click Next.

.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have opened Password ***** several times and emails have been sent on `how to change my password` to my inbox which I cannot open.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please do it exactly the way I gave you and not to email, the way I gave you would be for security questions.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have opened the security page. The question I am asked is my mothers town of birth. I have answered several times but has not been accepted.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It will only accept it if you type it in exactly the way you did originally. For example if you used all lower case you would need to do that again.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is only one way to spell the name. With or without a capital letter makes no difference.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The spelling is not what would do it, as I said it needs to be exactly the way it was originally typed. Try all caps for example in case you accidentally had caps lock on when setting it.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Success at last. Thank you for you help and patience.

John

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience: Years of experience.