Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

My PC has a problem. I type in an e-mail to send and the letter

Customer Question

My PC has a problem. I type in an e-mail to send and the letter I type comes up as something else. Eg I type b and I get h. If I type b again I get another letter not h. Can you help? My incoming e-mails are all ok problem is only with out going mail. I recently loaded DataMask from aol and the problem arose at this time. I have since removed DataMask but the problem persists. Aol say it is nothing to do with their programme and are totally unhelpful.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 years ago.
My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
May I ask if you are using the AOL Desktop program to send emails or are you using an Internet browser?
Hello Nick,
May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
Please, click the following link and choose to run the remote application: http://www.jasonfixedit.com/nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have clicked on the Begin remote application but do not see anything going on. Is this ok?
Please, run the application in Internet Explorer and not in AOL.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is this working for you now
No it is not. The application has not run for some reason.
Let's try this.
- Please, click the following link, download that file, and run the file: https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webdownload=true
- Then download and allow that remote app to run.
- Once it is finished, please, tell me the 9 digit number that appears on the top of your screen.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is not downloading. If I shut down aol and try to connect with you via internet explorer how do I find you?
Don't shutdown AOL.
Open Internet Explorer, go to the page I linked above, and run it there.
It has been over 1/2 an hour.
May I ask how that is coming along?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have got into your website which will not let me progress without another payment
I am not understanding.
You do not have to make another payment.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When I try internet explorer it does not let me enter your file. I am in trouble here
Okay.
Just click the link, please.
- Put your mouse over this link and click it: https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webdownload=true
- Then download the file and run it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

jason

i have just removed a programe called Sentry Bay which I do not recall having downloaded and my e-mails are able to be responded to as normal. Why this happened I do not know but it has sorted out the problem. I am on my PC typing this. Thank you for your efforts.

Nick

Hello Nick,

I have closed the remote window now.

Please, let me know when you are ready to continue.

Jason