IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I cant get into my Microsoft accont for my emails on my Tablet as

I cant get into my Microsoft accont for my emails on my Tablet
as i have forgotten my Password
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

There is a way to reset the current e-mail account password. I will do my best to check for all possible options for you to regain access to your e-mail account and will let you know what to do.

Please type your Microsoft e-mail address here, but don't use the "@" symbol, but instead, use "at".

For example: email123 at mail.com

Thanks,
IT Miro
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

bill.conibeareathotmail.com

Thanks Bill.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
I have checked that account and there are 2 quick ways on how to reset the current password:

1. send password ***** instructions to the associated e-mail address. For security reasons, I cannot see it in full. I only see this:
ba*****@hotmail.comi

It looks like "comi" was misspelled.

2. Answer the security question:
Name of first pet

Do you know the answer to your security question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Name of first i believe is Jake.

The other email adress should should be *****@******.***.

With no i on the end of .com.

Thanks Bill.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
I entered Jake and it says "The wrong info was entered too many times. Try another option, or try again later."

Let's see if you can receive password ***** instructions to the associated e-mail address. Please re-type it here, but replace "@" with "at".
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

barbaraathotmail.com

Thanks Bill.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
OK.

Please check that other e-mail account to see if you received a verification code from Microsoft.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not recieved a verification code yet

Bill

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Well, that is probably because your secondary e-mail address was entered as:
barbara @ hotmail.comi - with "i" at the end, which is incorrect. For that reason, your secondary e-mail address cannot be used to receive a verification code at the moment.

Once you regain access to your "bill.conibeare @ hotmail.com" account, you will need to delete that "i" to make that e-mail address usable in the future.

Anyway, since "Jake" doesn't seem to be a correct answer to the security question, you will need to contact Hotmail/Microsoft support via "Microsft account questionairre" - there you will need to confirm some of the information so that you can prove you are the owner of the "bill.conibeare @ hotmail.com" account.

Have you already done that?

If not, I can provide the instructions for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please provide me with the instructions that you sugested

Thanks Bill

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Here are the instructions:

First, click on THIS LINK to access the "Microsoft Account" questionnaire.

Follow the instructions there carefully. You will need to provide a contact e-mail address where you can be contacted by Hotmail support agent regarding your e-mail account.

Also, you will need to provide answers to several questions about yourself as well as about your e-mail account so that Hotmail support can confirm that you are the account owner. Skip any credit card related information since that is used only to identify Hotmail Plus customers (paid Hotmail accounts).

After supplying that information, you will receive a response to your contact e-mail address, usually within 3 business days.

Until then, you will need to be patient.

Regards,
IT Miro