John
John, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT industry for the past 10 years.
50152684

For the past few months, Thunderbird has asked me for my password,

For the past few months, Thunderbird has asked me for my password, when previously it had remembered it, so am wondering whether I have picked up a computer virus in spite of having the relevant software to guard against this, ie AVG. Upon supplying the password, it does not recognise it and continues to ask for my password. On going onto Talk Talk I can, however, access my email account using my password. This is very inconvenient as you can imagine, particularly as I do not have access to all the 'bells and whistles' of Thunderbird - HELP!!!
Many thanks in advance for your help.
PATRICIA
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
John :

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your email. I will try my best to help you.

John :

Ma'am thank you for joining the chat.

John :

Were you able to log in to your email using web browser like internet explorer?

Customer:

yes

John :

OK so this password ***** happens only on Thunderbird am i correct

Customer:

yes

John :

What is the exact error it shows when you enter the password?

John :

Also which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8 or any other

Customer:

password ***** enter new password

Customer:

windows 7

John :

Thank you for the details.May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. You can see what all i am doing in your PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer:

yes

John :

Thank You.Here is the tool to do remote support it’s called Team Viewer, to download it click on this link http://tinyurl.com/azwl8gu download and open it. Let me know the id and password it shows. Do not close the Team-Viewer window or this chat page. Closing the Team-viewer window will terminate the remote session too so please do not close Team-Viewer window after you give me the id and password.

Customer:

ID 745 788 899

Customer:

password *****

John :

One moment let me check it

John :

The problem had been solved. Please rate me using the options just below this box select the rating and click on submit that will do it some bonus will be well appreciated.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/