IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

i cant write emails, when i try to I can only write in the

i ca'nt write emails, when i try to I can only write in the 'to' box' and 'add a subject box'. I can't write below on the main box. the curser is an arrow in the in main box and an 'I' in the 'to' box and 'add a subject box', if i try to send an attachment it says 'we're still getting set up. please try again'. this is a hotmail account but my other hotmail account works ok.
Leigh
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please tell me if you access your e-mail account via web browser (web mail) or via desktop e-mail client such as Microsoft Outlook.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i use firefox and then google hotmail sign in

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
OK.

This is the direct link:

http://www.hotmail.com

Try it and see if there are any changes. If it is the same, please start Internet Explorer web browser (Start > All Programs > Internet Explorer) and then go to the same link and check if your Hotmail account is working. You don't need to exit Firefox.

Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it did not work on the link. it works on internet explorer but still not on firefox

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Well, that's good actually since it means there is nothing wrong with the account itself, but the problem is in the web browser - Firefox.

Please do the following to delete cache and other browsing data which should solve the problem.

1. When you are in Firefox, click the Alt key on your keyboard which will reveal hidden menus at the top, and then click on History > Clear Recent History...

Or just press Ctrl Shift Del keys simultaneously.

2. When the Clear Recent History window opens, check these check-boxes:
- Cookies
- Cache
- Active Logins
- Offline Website Data

- Site Preferences

3. Click Clear Now. Wait for a moment until Firefox deletes cache and other data - it won't delete any bookmark or saved passwords

Once it has finished, exit and re-start Firefox. It should work properly now so go to Hotmail and check.

Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will but how will i contact you as i will have to shut firefox

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Just return to Justanswer.co.uk web page any time and log in to your JustAnswer account. Or, go to your e-mail account (the one you typed upon creating a question here) and click on the link in the Justanswer e-mail you received - it will automatically bring you here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks, it works

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
I am very glad I could help solve the problem!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

If you ever need any other assistance, you can always request me on this link:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/expert-it-miro

Regards,
IT Miro

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have already rated you 'good service'