Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

*****@******.*** was my old email address. Now at btinternet,

*****@******.*** was my old email address. Now at btinternet, but the talktalk account has been on-going for at least a year. Thought it would have been closed down when I left talktalk. How do I access it? Can the old emails be moved to my current account with BT?
yours Chris Massie,
*****@******.***

Hello Christine! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. When was the last time you used your talktalk email account?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Over a year ago. Computer's mother board died last summer (2013). Was with BT by then. June 2013 approx

Unfortunately, like most email / internet service providers, TalkTalk terminates non-active accounts that have not been used for 90 days, so your talktalk email account & email messages had been deleted a long time ago. I'm sorry about that.

If you have any other computer question/issue, please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So why have two emails gone into that account on 24 and 30 August 2014 from a friend in Scotland telling me of the death of an old school friend?

Sorry, do you mean you have been receiving email messages on the talktalk account all this year?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not know. Therefore if I cannot access it from my computer, please close the account and if anyone sends emails into it - they will be returned to sender. Thanks .

Can you send an email message from your bt email address to your talktalk email address and see what happens? Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Email sent to *****@******.*** - it went somewhere and has not pinged back yet.

Check your Spam/Junk email folder also.

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, but just bear in mind I am a silver surfer, semi technophobe.

Nothing in spam as yet

Thank you, ***** ***** on the website below in order to connect with me:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=666d13fa-681b-40a7-aca8-a8abc3be2393

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think I will just leave it all floating in the ether for 90 days at a time. Thank you for you help and do enjoy the rest of your shift.

Bye

Chris M

You're welcome. If you need to contact TalkTalk in the future, please go to

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/contactus