Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

My email account is *****@******.***. It is used

My email account is *****@******.***.
It is used mainly for emailing groups of people. The account is blocked for emailing multiple contacts. It has been for several days.
Can you unblock it?
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

For privacy reasons email addressees are blocked out on this site so what you typed shows up to me as***@******.***

Can you please retype the email address that you need to have access to and this time do not type the @symbol. Type it like this someoneATsomething.com

Please let me know so I can further assist.
Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sonau3a.newsATyahoo.co.uk is the address

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks and are you receiving any message when you attempt to send? Is is saying you are blocked?

If possible let me know the exact message you received saying you were blocked.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Actually I do not need to see the blocked notice, I know what the problem is. The problem here is that you are sending to too many people.

Yahoo mail is not meant to be used for email marketing to email blasts to large groups. It is really meant as a personal email system.

There is no way I can unblock this for you. Yahoo has automated rules for email accounts and if your account is violating those it will automatically be blocked.

You have a couple of options.

You can request that you be allowed to send emails to groups but you will need to submit a request to the yahoo post master by filling out this form:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/postmaster/bulkv2.html

Filling out the form would be the first thing you should do.

If they deny you or you do not meet the requirements necessary for sending bulk email then I would suggest you use a proper email service to send your mail.

The reason you should use a proper email service is because not only will yahoo block you from sending but the recipients email servers may blacklist you as well because they can tell a large amount of mail is coming from a personal yahoo account which could set off their security measures.

It is best that if you are sending to a large group you use a service. There are many out there. One free one that works well is mail chimp. http://mailchimp.com/pricing/

They allow you to send up to 10,000 to 2000 subscribers per month for free.

Please take a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the smiley faces below. You can always return to this page to talk with me any time.

Chris