IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I sent several emails yesterday. After about 1 hour I wated

Hi I sent several emails yesterday. After about 1 hour I wated to send another. When I press send I get this message. Cannot send mail. The user name.or password ***** SMTP *****@******.***@ SMTP .mail.com is incorrect. Then underneath it says settings ok. I am using an I pad and have not changed any settings or password. . I cannot receive or send emails.
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please type only the last part of your e-mail address and I will check what can be done.

For example: @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, etc

Thanks,
IT Miro
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
@mail.com
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK.

Please check if you can log in to your e-mail account via mail.com web interface. Here is the link:

http://www.mail.com

Let me know what it says there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanx I have reset my password ***** next Les
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK.

If you couldn't log in with the password ***** entered on your iPad, so you had to reset the password ***** order to log in to mail.com web interface, then it means the password ***** entered on iPad was incorrect - that would explain the error message you see.

So, now when you changed (reset) the password, you will need to either update it on iPad or delete and re-add the account using a new password.

To do that, go to Settings and then on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanx that seems to have fixed the problem however it says 11 emails unsent. These are the ones I kept trying yesterday will they just stay there or how can I remove
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Expert thank you for your assistance sorted my problem out very quick. Well done and thank you regards Les.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
If you updated the password on your iPad, then you should be able to successfully send and receive all e-mails.

I am glad I could help solve the problem!

If you ever need any other assistance, you can always request me on this link:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/expert-it-miro

Regards,
IT Miro